Camo question?

Spoonbillmallard

Well I would say it would unless it is natural to the area (red leaves). It all depends on how much of the color is exposed and where it is.

It all just depends some times it will and sometimes it seems like they don't really care. I know this past week we had quite a few Win Xpert hulls floating in the hole and had ducks still wanting to land in the hole. Most of the time its more really bright colors like white or anything that reflects light that will flare them.

Mausermeister

First off, I almost always wear camo when duck hunting. But, I've killed a lot of ducks wearing jeans and denim shirt. I think camo matters much more to the hunters than the ducks. I've had woodies nearly knock me out of a treestand and mallards light on a slough less than 20 yards from me while wearing blaze orange.

Movement will flare ducks way before color will. As long as you are against or behind something to break up your outline and can be absolutely still, they will never know you are there. The problem is most people, even experienced hunters, cannot remain motionless. They always want to watch the birds and their twisting and turning and stretching to keep them in sight will give them away much more quickly than their wardrobe.

Last Wednesday we limited out, all the while unaware that one of those orange and white construction barrels had washed up about 20 yards behind our blind. If that didn't flare them, then I don't think wearing a little red is gong to do it.

WingNut

Yeah its free. I got it but it will only read up to 25 words or something like that. Make sure you fix your settings so it doesn't start reading before you open them. I had it set to auto read and at 2:30 I got an email read back to me. Not a great way to wake up. Its great for when you are driving and stuff, I like it.

Latest posts