Building a walipini

Omega

Had to google it. Interesting, never heard of the concept. I'd say to just make sure everything drains away from it so it doesn't get flooded. I couldn't get one started here, I hit the water table pretty shallow, found out when I had to replace some fence posts.

1687537976721.png

BPhunter

My wifes dream to build an underground green house, we start digging today with excavator, anybody have any tips? It's her project but I know who will be sweating
We're in the process of building one now, then my skid steer broke down. Cab goes back on tomorrow and we finish digging then start the build. Going to put beds in.

buckaroo

We're in the process of building one now, then my skid steer broke down. Cab goes back on tomorrow and we finish digging then start the build. Going to put beds in.
My back wall is going to be 10 ft tall, with size being 16x16, not 100% sure what I'm making walls from , do not want to lay block that high!! Thinking of 6x6 posts, treated wood for wall then some sealed over metal roofing, since on a hill with little moisture problems and the ground is slate. Putting several water drums in it to hold heat thru the nights that are chilly

Latest posts