budget safety harness

El Jagermeister

This year is the first year that I will be using a climber stand extensively. I bought a used one and am going to be checking it out, cable checking, sound deadening, replacing straps, etc. before I take it out to the hunting camp.
I need advice on a safety harness/fall arrest system. Money is tight, so I'm looking for the "cheap and effective" method. I know not to skimp when it comes to something you are betting your life on, but there has to be more cost effective options than the 100+ dollar systems out there.
Doesn't someone make an inexpensive harness that you can just attach to a 20 buck "lifeline"?

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I knew you'd be able to get one from a fellow member, there are always people willing to help. On a side note, I think I saw a Gorilla harness at Wal-Mart for somewhere around $40.

scn

Tennessee Lead said:
scn said:
It is going out in the mail today. I don't know if it will make it by Saturday, but should be there at least early next week.

Very nice of you SCN.

Thank you, but it is just passing it on. I remember all too well fighting the funds issues several times in my life. I still remember the first year they had the blaze orange requirement trying to "get by" by duct taping an orange shop rag over the white part of my orange and white UT hat. My mentor that was taking me to Unicoi WMA didn't think it would pass, and stopped at a gas station and loaned me the money to buy a proper hat. Since my Dad nor any family members hunted, I was truly raised by the "village" in getting me started in hunting and fishing. There are a lot of debts I can never repay.

Latest posts