buddy heater hose

jlanecr500

DozyAnt 7 Feet Propane Adapter Hose 1 lb to 20 lb Converter Replacement for QCC1/Type1 Tank Connects 1 LB Bulk Portable Appliance to 20 lb Propane Tank - Safety Certified Amazon product ASIN B07LFHTWBQ
DOZYANT Propane Splitter, Propane Tank Y Splitter Adapter with Gauge, 2 Way LP Gas Adapter Tee Connector for 20lb Propane Tank Cylinder, Work with BBQ Grills, Camping Stoves, Gas Burners, Heater Amazon product ASIN B078VTH8B7

Andy S.

As stated above, get the hose made by Mr. Heater. I have used one for years with a 20# propane tank. Read the instructions carefully and turn the tank off and allow the flame to slowly burn out when done with the heater.

Trapper

I tried the 20 pound tank last year but they would never work on it . Both would work on 1lbs tanks fine after trying on the big tank . Does anybody has any ideas why they won't won't work on a 20lb tank ?

twcgo

did u take pressure regulator off of 20 gal. tank? i believe the heaters have their own regulator.

Trapper

I hooked them straight up to the tank without a regulator. It would run for a few minutes then go out , you could light it again and it would do the same thing again.

I tried the filter and I couldn't even light the pilot light with it on .

Boone25/06

Might want to wrap or cover hose with something outside blind. Chipmunks and squirrels have chewed through 2 of mine. Now it's wrapped in a old split garden hose and wrapped in rabbit wire.

Chaneylake

Might want to wrap or cover hose with something outside blind. Chipmunks and squirrels have chewed through 2 of mine. Now it's wrapped in a old split garden hose and wrapped in rabbit wire.
They make a hose that Is wire coated. We use this at Chaney.
Look in the ice maker department at Lowe's.
We had to change the fittings on the end of hoses.
Since then no issues from squirrels or any other critters

Willysman

Not had a problem using a 20 lb tank on a Buddy Heater. Go to Tracter Supply and get a hose made by Mr. Heater. I would recommend using a filter. From what I understand there could be impurities in the 20 lb. tanks that will clog the burner. Also try changing the tank. I ran into a problem with a tank last year on a deer hunt/ camping trip that I was using on my cook stove. Had to drive to town to get a new tank.

Omega

I tried the 20 pound tank last year but they would never work on it . Both would work on 1lbs tanks fine after trying on the big tank . Does anybody has any ideas why they won't won't work on a 20lb tank ?
My hose doesn't have a regulator. All it says is recommended to use with a filter
It does need the filter, I first tried to use it without one and it didn't work, but once I put the filter on it, it has now run for about 4 or 5 seasons.

Andy S.

FWIW, I have never used a filter with mine and have owned/used it for 12-15 years. It is the Big Buddy Heater if that matters, and I switch between 1# cylinder tanks and 20# propane tanks from time to time.

Omega

mike243

Tanks have safety's in them now and they even give problems on grills, the tanks have to be turned on very slowly so it doesn't sense there is a leak, the line and heater/grill has to be empty to start, been using a 20lb tank since they first came out with them. The fuller the tank the more likely it is to happen, never used a filter but that wouldn't change any thing or hurt the operation

Latest posts