BSA scopes

The Ol Professor

Anybody want to offer any input on BSA scopes? I'm looking at a Contender for my .308.
Would love to buy high dollar optics but don't have the where-for-all to do it.
Your opinions would be appreciated.

SALECREEKHUNTER

I just ordered a bsa contender 6-24x40 for my .300 ultra mag. Shot about a box and a half of shells through it. Doing great and is very clear. This is my first bsa so i hope it stays this good. I ordered mine off of swfa.com and it was $99.85 total shipping included and came with a free 15 piece boresighter for free.

LCU

I had a cheap 50 mm BSA and gave it away.
The guy I ave it to put it on his ML and likes it.

Just wasn't a scope I liked compared to others I owned.
Good glass will spoil you.

IMO optics including scopes,and binos are not something to cheap out on. I prefer to buy less gun and more scope it it came down to having to make that decision.
JMO from my own experiences.

B Strong

Also will vote for the Bushnell. Altho I don't own one they are good scopes. I have a friend who owns over 100 guns , many are rifles. I think he said about 15 with Leopold scopes. He now buys Bushnell exclusivly . He likes them just as well and the last 2 trips to Canada he took the 340 wetherby with a Bushnell on it . He trusts it to go the distance when he had 2 seperate hunts in Canada with 2 different guides on consecutive weeks , then 1 week hunting in Va close to the Blue ridge parkway. He has hunted Alaska Canada and most of the big deer states north. Has some impressive wall hangers , deer , elk , bear , moose .
This man is the most serious I know about his hunting I saw the cd of this years Canada trip . He passed up deer that would go over 150 , but his goal was higher and he did not shoot a smaller buck.

Now my point is this He trusts Bushnell and that is good enough for me . By the way this spring he is gointo Russia , the 340 with Bushnell is going .

jakeway

To me, the BSA scopes look and fel just like a Tasco. If I was forced to spend less than $50 on a scope, I'd get a BSA before I'd get a Tasco. Just tonight I was watching an eBay listing for a 4X38mm Weaver K-4 Classic, and it went for less than $100. I'd spend $100 on something like that before I'd spend $50 on a BSA.

And the first motorcycle I ever rode was a 1967 BSA 250 single, so I'm emotionally favorable to the old Birmingham Small Arms Co.

Latest posts