BSA Deerhunter 3x10x50Scope

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I am fairly good at finding information on the internet but a quick check couldn't bring up this specific scope anywhere. I have come into possession of this model scope and know zero about BSA scopes, quality, longevity, durability, weather toughness, etc. This is a great website for getting solid intel from fellow hunters and I thought I would ask the forum for any good information you might share. I have mounted this scope on a Browning bolt action rifle.
Thank you in advance!

dmonty

I have never owned a BSA scope but they are low end and personally I would not trust one , but to each his own. Browning makes some fine rifles and deserve better optics after all a rifle will only perform as well as optics. Just my thought

DaveB

BSA is an entry level scope but The one I have (3x16 44)is doing surprisingly well. I had some problems getting eye relief and visual clarity squared away but that could be because its so easy on other scopes. Its on my 22-250 so recoil is not going to kill it. I have a 60 gr partition round that shoots very nice in this rifle and I will know right away if the scope can't hold zero or has any other issues.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I appreciate any and all comments. I am a big believer with optics in the old adage "you get what you pay for". In my case this scope was given to me a couple years ago on the rifle so my expectations were low tho I did take two south GA whiteys last year with it. I just put a Texas Silencer suppressor on the rifle to curtail kick and noise so maybe that will keep the scope operational longer if I wind up using it more often. In any event I will judge it in how it performs. When I didn't bring up a BSA website on google I figured it was a real cheapie! Best of luck to everyone this year. Be safe out there!

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I have owned a few BSAs back in my younger days. Had 3 of them crap out before I learned my lesson...

I really like the fact that the patent company also owns Daisy and Gamo, but just have no trust in them for anything more than a plinker or 22 scope

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
When I was in school and first couple years after graduating I ran a BSA scope on my tc encore muzzleloader. I also shot 150gr of powder and I never had a problem with that scope. I ran it for about 5 years and still done good up till I sold gun and scope together

Mtncur76

When I was in school and first couple years after graduating I ran a BSA scope on my tc encore muzzleloader. I also shot 150gr of powder and I never had a problem with that scope. I ran it for about 5 years and still done good up till I sold gun and scope together
I also had one on 50cal muzzle loader for about 8 or 10 years before it would not hold zero anymore replaced with bushnell trophy the same size but like the BSA better for the field of view

Latest posts