brute force vs grizzly vs king quad

lwk88

Wich of the 3 would you all recommend and why? it will be a 14 or 15 model will also be a 700+. Thanks for the info

lwk88

Why a honda this will be my first new atv just trying to be sure I get the best one I can

Gravey

lwk88":3hy9y63o said:
Why a honda this will be my first new atv just trying to be sure I get the best one I can
If you want the best then definitely get a Honda. I bought a 300 4x4 new in 1999 and still use it if hunting by myself. Bought a Yamaha rhino a few years ago because its a lot roomier if my son goes. As far as why Honda you can't beat them in my opinion. I've also got a Honda accord with 244,000 miles and my wife has a Honda Pilot with 110,000. Never had a bad experience with any of them. If and when I buy another 4-wheeler it will be a Honda. That said I plan on the 300 running for a long time.

stik

i'll put my yamahas up against any hondas. not that a honda is a bad machine, it would have been my 2nd choice.

to answer the op, YAMAHA!!!

huntinkev

I have a Yamaha grizzly 660 and it's great. I wouldn't go bigger than 660, matter of fact I like the size of my Polaris 500 better, especially if your going to be going through woods

Gravey

stik":2h3a76y8 said:
i'll put my yamahas up against any hondas. not that a honda is a bad machine, it would have been my 2nd choice.

to answer the op, YAMAHA!!!
You'll lose. :rotf:

Seriously I have a Honda 4-wheeler and Yamaha rhino side by side. I can't complain about either other than the Yamaha is a lot more cold natured when it comes to starting than the Honda. Of course most if not all new ones are efi so that doesn't come into play.

FLTENNHUNTER1

2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS 4x4:

From Yamaha website with my comments added in bold type:

The Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS, with its powerful 686cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC power plant, produces more power with enhanced engine settings to improve low end, mid-range and top end engine performance. Punch it from a standing start but make sure you are holding on, this beast flat out gets it.
The front and rear A-arms are long while suspension stroke on both the front and rear shocks is also increased. These adjustments greatly enhance low speed rider comfort without sacrificing any of the legendary Grizzly handling. My Grizz handles great and the ride is outstanding. The seat is the most comfortable of all the ATV's I sat on when I bought mine this year. The independent rear suspension was a big plus for me vs. straight axle.
Three-position On-Command® 4WD sytem lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD - all with the simple push of a button. Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode. This was a major selling point for me. The locking differentials are unbelievable, this think could climb a wall.
Ultramatic® transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse. The downhill breaking was another big selling point for me. When in 4x4, just let off the gas and the engine slows you down which should save on brake wear and overheating the brakes.
Yamaha Electric Power Steering provides progressive assist at slow speeds and over rough terrain while maintaining optimized rider feedback, superior comfort and terrainability. This really works well and reduces arm fatigue immensely.
Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.

Assembled Real World Tough in Newnan, GA, U.S.A. Another big selling point for me, keep America working!

Gravey

stik":2idqstcu said:
Gravey":2idqstcu said:

i doubt that. 10+ years of trouble free service. honda may be as good but no better.
I bought this one new in July 1999 so she's 15+ years old. If my memory is correct the only thing I've ever done was put a battery in it, put new tires on when the originals dry rotted, and changed the oil. In my opinion the Honda 300 fourtrax is the best ATV ever built not only by Honda but by anybody.

stik

Gravey":jbq264kf said:
stik":jbq264kf said:
Gravey":jbq264kf said:

i doubt that. 10+ years of trouble free service. honda may be as good but no better.
I bought this one new in July 1999 so she's 15+ years old. If my memory is correct the only thing I've ever done was put a battery in it, put new tires on when the originals dry rotted, and changed the oil. In my opinion the Honda 300 fourtrax is the best ATV ever built not only by Honda but by anybody.

i still prefer my yamahas ;) as you, batteries and routine oil changes...

laserman

The 300 is the best all around. I had one 8 years. Bought a rancher new. Sold the 300. Had better performance from the 300. Have a ranger 500 now because of hunting with my son. When he goes to college I will buy another Honda atv. Never had to do anything with the Honda but change the oil. Didn't really even need the 4x4 of the rancher. Likes the rhino but didn't like the bucket seats.

AllOutdoors

The old honda 300 4x4 is the most reliable. But still doesn't have true 4x4. I know its not one of your options. But check out polaris. They were dogged forever, but for some reason most manufacturers decided to follow.

Sent from this smart thingamajig using tapatalk.

buckhorn40

I don't know where you live, but Southern Powersports in Chattanooga have some left over Rincons for a heck of a deal. I bought my Foreman from them in 2005 and they're prices will not be beat.

LY

Do you really need a 700 sized bike? We've got Honda 300's to 500's and Polaris's from 250 to 600.

Unless you're doing a lot of plowing or other work where you'd need to large motor I'd go with a Honda Rancher with as many amenities as possible while staying in the budget you've set aside for a 700. A rancher is hard to beat for an all around bike, but if you really need more power you can go the Foreman route. If you're doing mostly trail riding then get a rancher with IRS and power steering.

All makes are are about as dependable as any other even a Polaris, they just require more preventive maintenance.

Knight250

2-Step Enabled
Just because your granddad rode a Honda, doesn't mean you have too!!!

Yamaha all the way. I' m not knockin' Honda, they are reliable indeed. Road ranchers my whole life. Had an 09 rancher 420 and loved it. Upgraded to a 2011 grizz 700 last year. Wow what a difference, a blast to ride with the CVT transmission.

.444 Marlin

King quad out of those 3.

king quad, suzuki twin peaks, and several other brands are exactly the same besides the plastics. but other than those 3 Id chose honda. more specifically the foreman.

Snowwolfe

Been riding ATV's since about 1984 with the first one being a Honda. Owned Honda, Suzuki KQ's, Polaris, Arctic Cat and now a Brute Force 750 with EPS. Had never really given the BF a serious workout as I bought it to use in Alaska then we moved out before using it.
I cant say the Honda was any better or any worse. In fact none we owned ever left us stranded and don't think we ever had to spend money on repairs on any model or brand. The only conclusion I have come to after owning about a dozen different ATV's is the bigger motor size is simply not needed unless you are spending all of your time in deep sticky mud. I have loaded up 500's with 125 pounds on each rack and pulled a trailer with camping gear and a quartered moose and they handled the job just fine and used less gas in the process.

Buy the one you like the best at the price you like and with a dealer close by that you trust. Don't get caught up in brand vs brand.

AlexDad

I have a 1986 Suzuki that I was hunting with right up until 2010. The only reason I bought a new 2010 Kingquad that year is my son was 7-8 and it was manual shift. It was hard changing gears with his feet dangling beside mine. Plus 1986 utility quads were much smaller and cramped and there was no front rack to speak of and the rear wasn't big either. The front was more like a cage around the headlight. But, it was a 1986 and they've come a long way since.

Me, a deer and my son wouldn't all fit. I bought the new 2010 back in Sep '10 and had plenty of room, power and manual 4WD. I did get an automatic since my son was on it with me, no problems.

Now my son is almost 13, he's taller than me and I ride the new one and he rides the old one. Can't kill it.

Those Honda 300s like Gravey has are bullet proof though, but it's no longer a model.

Latest posts