Browning Ridgeline

tree_ghost

So I purchased 3 of these cameras in my attempt to move away from SPYPOINT. I am one week in and so far my experience is not very good unfortunately….out of 3 cameras not one worked out of the box with brand new SD cards. All required an update at minimum to get them going, one I was on the phone 3 days in a row to get it working. Setup on the browning app is difficult at best and the registration process for the camera is done by trying to take a picture in a tiny digital QR code on the camera display. The only thing that has me still hoping these things will work well is Browning has great customer service. I am deploying 6 tactaxam reveals this weekend in hopes that I find a winner. Right now I'm still in the market based on my first impressions of this camera….

Antler Daddy

I just flipped 5 Reveal X's...almost doubled my investment. The plan is to get the Ridgelines or Pro Scouts (if go on sale).

Perhaps I will just a couple of the new solar dual carrier hd movie model Tactacam Reveal SK. I just want two to stay out year round and a couple for moving around.

holstonangler

I just set my ridgeline up today, set up was a little bit of a hassle and not so great instructions on set-up. (don't use the auto fill feature on username or any of the setup process) I called customer service and they guided me through the setup. The app never could scan the qr code, but a manual set-up doesn't take much time. The app froze up a time or two on account setup and started sending pics before I set up the dedicated sending times. The thumbnails looks great so hopefully won't have to use the HD pic downloads that cost a small fortune. I'll follow up with some field results. I do really like how you can change all the settings over the desktop or the app and I also noticed that in the the long range flash mode isn't really a low glow infrared but seems more invisible as the leds never really lit up.

tree_ghost

I just set my ridgeline up today, set up was a little bit of a hassle and not so great instructions on set-up. (don't use the auto fill feature on username or any of the setup process) I called customer service and they guided me through the setup. The app never could scan the qr code, but a manual set-up doesn't take much time. The app froze up a time or two on account setup and started sending pics before I set up the dedicated sending times. The thumbnails looks great so hopefully won't have to use the HD pic downloads that cost a small fortune. I'll follow up with some field results. I do really like how you can change all the settings over the desktop or the app and I also noticed that in the the long range flash mode isn't really a low glow infrared but seems more invisible as the leds never really lit up.
I finally got an update that has them working ok…I'm still not impressed with picture quality or Antenna reception but the sensor is very good as well as trigger speed. Here is an example of a picture from mine. They do not compare with a Reveal X however and I will be moving strictly to those cameras after this season.

Attachments

• B02BD2C8-7BB8-4F7B-85BE-99F22A5B3D7B.jpeg
    B02BD2C8-7BB8-4F7B-85BE-99F22A5B3D7B.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 107
  • 090BCF61-BE4F-4F62-BC89-2A1613324BAD.jpeg
    090BCF61-BE4F-4F62-BC89-2A1613324BAD.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 90

holstonangler

I finally got an update that has them working ok…I'm still not impressed with picture quality or Antenna reception but the sensor is very good as well as trigger speed. Here is an example of a picture from mine. They do not compare with a Reveal X however and I will be moving strictly to those cameras after this season.
Is that the thumbnail or the HD pic for the browning? also what flash do you have your browning set on? Thx

tree_ghost

Is that the thumbnail or the HD pic for the browning? also what flash do you have your browning set on? Thx
No those are both standard definition pictures from both cameras. Flash is set to long range.
Here is a "HD" pic for comparison on the browning

Attachments

• 28450EE1-81FA-4CD5-AC57-EFE319A29DBF.jpeg
    28450EE1-81FA-4CD5-AC57-EFE319A29DBF.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 75

Antler Daddy

Just FYI, the Ridgelines will be 149 at Cabelas/basspro aug. 19-sept 8....with a working trade in. I always thought the trade in was a gimmick, but supposedly the trade-ins go to local nonprofit organizations to help with outdoor education programs.

tree_ghost

Well I am unimpressed to say the least with these cameras. I am sending them back to exchange them for the defender pro scouts in hopes that I can actually have functioning units. I wouldn't recommend the ridgeline with the other choices out there at a similar price point…

Antler Daddy

Well I am unimpressed to say the least with these cameras. I am sending them back to exchange them for the defender pro scouts in hopes that I can actually have functioning units. I wouldn't recommend the ridgeline with the other choices out there at a similar price point…
That is unfortunate. New releases should be better not worse!

BSK

I was hearing these types of reports from YouTubers as soon as that model came out. Very disappointing, because Browning has such a great trail-camera reputation of late.

TN hunter

I have a defender pro scout and it works great! Easy set up. Great pics as well.

Latest posts