Browning BPS

DeerMan66

I recently obtained a Browning BPS made in 1980. It is a 12 gauge pump, 3" magnum, 30" full choke barrel. I am planning on using it for turkey hunting. Does anyone have any experience with the Browning BPS?

TboneD

A friend of mine's dad had one and I've always wanted one since I'm a lefty. Not only does the bottom ejection keep shells out of your face, it also helps keep the inside of the receiver clean and dry. It's a really nice shotgun for waterfowl, or for turkey hunting if you don't mind toting it, since it's on the heavy side. My guess is that Winchester Longbeards will pattern fairly tight in it, and maybe even too tight for you're liking.

Dennis

I recently obtained a Browning BPS made in 1980. It is a 12 gauge pump, 3" magnum, 30" full choke barrel. I am planning on using it for turkey hunting. Does anyone have any experience with the Browning BPS?
I have one in black from around 1990. I have killed a lot of turkeys with it. I had a hard time finding a combination of choke and load that I liked. I finally settled on hevi shot with a pattern master choke. That was a long time ago though - i haven't tried any of the newer loads like Longbeard, etc.

Woodman

I have one (3 inch,12 gauge, with a 22 inch barrel) that I have used for Turkeys in the past.......pic is my BPS with a jake I killed a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Latest posts