Sold/Expired Broken Arrow Hunting Club

bowhunter163

Re: Perry County * still looking for members *

AlabamaSwamper":2xdoiuvn said:
You might want to advertise in the florence, al area also.

Shoals craigslist and such. Might get some bites down here since it's only an hour away.
I will do that for sure !

TboneD

Re: Perry County * still looking for members *

Sure would be tempting if y'all had a cabin or I had a camper. Sounds like a great chunk of land. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csi-tech

Re: Perry County * updated member count * 15 on 4400

I'm set for the rest of my life but folks, I'd jump on this provided it was renewable.

AllOutdoors

This is a great property. I don't understand why this isn't already filled.

treefarmer

This is a screaming bargain and I'd join if I needed a lease. The cost is only a couple bucks per acre a year but most others charge $5-$6 per acre a year. Also, most places have only 50-100 acres per member. From my past lease experience you won't see many hunters after opening weekends. Decent deer hunting, camping, lots of land - should be fun.

bowhunter163

Thanks for the posts guys . It's been a real pain in the butt getting this started , but we are on track . This should have filled immediately after I posted it . We have a good group of guys and we are gonna have some great hunting this year ! We have members hanging stands and getting ready for this weekend . There will be people who in a few years will say "dang I wish I got in on this club from the start " .

280longshot

AllOutdoors":2e8oqsib said:
This is a great property. I don't understand why this isn't already filled.

It could be the timing as other people could have committed to other leases.

280longshot

treefarmer":1mvejx71 said:
This is a screaming bargain and I'd join if I needed a lease. The cost is only a couple bucks per acre a year but most others charge $5-$6 per acre a year. Also, most places have only 50-100 acres per member. From my past lease experience you won't see many hunters after opening weekends. Decent deer hunting, camping, lots of land - should be fun.

I have witnessed issues in the past with land owners wanting more and more money per acre. Once they see the work and improvements the club has made then the land owner sees more opportunity for him to make more money. It's a game of whose has the most money unless you can get a 5 or 10yr lease. If this is a year to year lease all the hard work the club puts in can be lost once the deer herd improves and the club members don't get to reap the benefits. It can happen cause it happened to my club.

bowhunter163

280longshot":2e5tpbrw said:
treefarmer":2e5tpbrw said:

I have witnessed issues in the past with land owners wanting more and more money per acre. Once they see the work and improvements the club has made then the land owner sees more opportunity for him to make more money. It's a game of whose has the most money unless you can get a 5 or 10yr lease. If this is a year to year lease all the hard work the club puts in can be lost once the deer herd improves and the club members don't get to reap the benefits. It can happen cause it happened to my club.

We have the price for the lease locked in for the first 3 years . We are working with the landowner to establish a long term contract but we will have the first opportunity at the property no matter what from here on out .

Rockhound

I have 3 problems with this lease and those are are the old 3 reasons I haven't joined.

1. It's about 45 min. To far

2. I'm expecting a young 'un in December

3. I'm building a house lol

bowhunter163

Rockhound":35ua1wri said:
I have 3 problems with this lease and those are are the old 3 reasons I haven't joined.

1. It's about 45 min. To far

2. I'm expecting a young 'un in December

3. I'm building a house lol

I can deal with the driving . Lol but them young un's and houses make the money disappear rather quickly .

bowhunter163

We are no longer accepting membership for this year . Thanks everyone for your hard work getting this going . And thanks to the guys who aren't on the lease but kept bumping this to the top and helping .

Gravey

Glad you got it filled. There's 15 lucky folks to be in this. Just too far from me. I do wonder if the landowner is the same one who owns the lease i'm on in Hickman county. He owns around 50,000 acres.

bowhunter163

Gravey":69ubqvzl said:
Glad you got it filled. There's 15 lucky folks to be in this. Just too far from me. I do wonder if the landowner is the same one who owns the lease i'm on in Hickman county. He owns around 50,000 acres.
We ended up with only 12 for this year . Hopefully we hve a good start on getting their club going .

Our property is a timber company property so I don't know if it's the same owners ?

Gravey

bowhunter163":2xzo6tq5 said:
Gravey":2xzo6tq5 said:
We ended up with only 12 for this year . Hopefully we hve a good start on getting their club going .

Our property is a timber company property so I don't know if it's the same owners ?
My understanding is its a single owner of ours and I believe he lives in Michigan or is from there. There is a land management company that we deal with on his behalf and I've talked to that lady several times.

bowhunter163

Pipefitter43":139dd61o said:
Any openings left?
Sorry , we are full for this year . Keep in touch if you would be interested for next year .

MudIslandMemphis

Are you open to accepting deposits for next year's lease? I pm'd you a couple months ago and if I didn't have to take a national board test for dental school in December I would be all over this. Next year I should have plenty of time to make the trip out there and wouldn't care one bit to put some money down to reserve a spot next year.

bowhunter163

MudIslandMemphis":157766le said:
Are you open to accepting deposits for next year's lease? I pm'd you a couple months ago and if I didn't have to take a national board test for dental school in December I would be all over this. Next year I should have plenty of time to make the trip out there and wouldn't care one bit to put some money down to reserve a spot next year.
Shoot me a text and email me at 865-684-6035/[email protected] . I am going to start a waiting list for next year , no deposit necessary as I'm not sure we will have openings .

Latest posts