Sold/Expired Broken Arrow Hunting Club

bowhunter163

Re: Perry County

deerchaser007":2seq7jl4 said:
Want to share some of the photos I took yesterday at our meet at this property.

cutover/ COVER,COVER/COVER

the hardwoods

honey hole in the pines and view looking into the pines

the PIPELINE

Of course, we could not even make a small dent in looking over the full potential of this place. BUT, using aerial,topo, and getting some first hand look at the cover this property has, it has a HUGE potential. This is my opinion, for whats it worth, this property has some of the most potential I have ever seen in becoming a successful QDM club for its members and their families. It gonna take a good group of dedicated hunters to get the groundwork laid, lay out a plan, and get the ball rolling. In 3 to 5 years, short years, it will be a solid established club with a SOLID age structure. If any of you are like me, and just wanna get into a club and start it from scratch, build it to be better year after year, with a great group of friends, this is your deal.
Thanks for posting these ! Of course my phone crapped out on me when I got home and when I had it restored the pictures I took were gone . I am excited about this property and the potential it has . I will say that a four wheeler is pretty much essential this year on the property for easier access to areas . The four wheeler rule is going to be changed because this property isn't conducive to the rules I had established previously .

I want everyone to know , this isn't flat ground we are hunting on . There are some steep ridges and hollers . But there are also some good looking bottoms . Like previously stated , we seen maybe 15% of the property yesterday and we were there for 5 hours .

The property has a lot of cover , challenging terrain features , and it is geographically located in a great area for producing great, to above average scoring mature deer . I have confirmed our findings with several local area managers and biologists including a highly respected former member of this sight .

The last buck the previous leasee killed off of this property scored a little under 170 , and with the owners permission I will try and post a picture of that deer .

deerchaser007

No problem Micheal, I would have took more pics if I would have even thought your phone was gonna crap out on ya. This is my opinion, everyone has a difference in opinion when you define steep. East TN mtn hunters laugh when you say steep anywhere in middle, also, hunters from up around the fentress area on the upper plateau laugh at the highland rim region, same as down around mt eagle areas. Each hunter defines steep as in the terrain they are used to hunting in their own general area. I will say, I am from cannon county, I have hunted ALOT in the foothills of short mtn in my area, I also hunt the northern end of cannon county that has more bottoms and rolling feature. For me, this property is not as bad as I what I am use to here on the knobs of the eastern rim. I will also add, what I like most from what I seen about the property is its already laid out properly for what a manager/hunter should look for. The infertile Ridge tops is mostly your clear cut/ cut over. The pine stands are appropriate to the Ridge tops and Ridge lines and finger ridges. Your bottoms and upward into the shelves are hardwoods, and with that being the more fertile soil the acorn production should hold well for the club. I was very impressed by that myself.

AT Hiker

I would love to do this but this year its just not in my budget.

What surprises me is all the hunters looking for a lease but they are not jumping all over this. The price is right, the area has deer and if the turkey population is decent its a heck of a deal.

Anyone know when the prime rut dates for chasing in this area is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerchaser007

AT Hiker":2mz0nvj5 said:
I would love to do this but this year its just not in my budget.

What surprises me is all the hunters looking for a lease but they are not jumping all over this. The price is right, the area has deer and if the turkey population is decent its a heck of a deal.

Anyone know when the prime rut dates for chasing in this area is?

AT, turkey was seen at gate in bottoms when they got there. I seen scratching in pines. As most places in summer, turkey were likely in bottoms while we toured the ridges. I talked to 2 members that had the lease last year, said turkey hunting is good, like ALOT of other places down from 10 years ago, but still good. And, according to other local clubs the first 2 weeks of November is prime.

bowhunter163

AT Hiker , The first two weeks of November are great around this property . I have talked to BSK about it quite a bit and he thinks this property will be great .

AT Hiker

Re: Perry County edited four wheeler rule

I drew an unexpected Arizona coues deer tag this year, that is what is keeping me from jumping all over this.

mfisher

AT Hiker, I totally agree, I'd be all over this had I not joined another lease. Very surprised that the openings on this lease are still available...

bowhunter163

mfisher":30z1d8zg said:
AT Hiker, I totally agree, I'd be all over this had I not joined another lease. Very surprised that the openings on this lease are still available...
I am surprised also . I figured the entire 24 openings would be full rather quickly . I think the price is very reasonable for the area and being allowed a guest .

deerchaser007

bowhunter163":alpw9avd said:
mfisher":alpw9avd said:
I am surprised also . I figured the entire 24 openings would be full rather quickly . I think the price is very reasonable for the area and being allowed a guest .
Me also! 24 members on 4400 acres is 180 acres a man for $675, tell me anywhere in any state you can get 180 acres for that price. IMO

LIL JOKER

very nice land.. That doe in the road may have been one of the biggest I've seen

bowhunter163

The weekend of the 29th we are scheduling another day to look at the property . Let me know if you want more information .

bowhunter163

Re: Perry County come look this weekend the 29-30th

Anyone interested can come look at the property this weekend August 29th and 30th . Send me a message or call for more information .

bowhunter163

Re: Perry County come look this weekend the 29-30th

bowhunter163":2rlhggr3 said:
Anyone interested can come look at the property this weekend August 29th and 30th . Send me a message or call for more information .
Ttt

bowhunter163

Re: Perry County * still looking for a few members *

Ok guys , it's crunch time . Everyone is always looking for a lease . Well here is a great property in Unit L for $675 . I have talked to hundreds of people in the last month who have said they were interested , and it this point I have 6 people who have paid with 3 more checks in the mail . I have had around 30ish people fully committ and say they are in and then back out/ stop answering .

It is getting down to the wire now , we need people to put up or shut up so to speak . It sounds bad to put it that way , but sometimes you have to tell it like it is . Come join us to make this a great long term club .

Gravey

smyrnagc":1xn4bamk said:
If this wasn't two hours from me I would be all over it! Be a great place to join and be a part of establishing a nice club.
What he said plus I'm already on one a little closer but if I was looking I'd be all over this. Would even pay double and cut the # of members in half.

TheLBLman

Here, I'll give you a little bump to the top. :)

bowhunter163":wmp374th said:
Ok guys , it's crunch time . . . . . I have talked to hundreds of people in the last month who have said they were interested , and it this point I have 6 people who have paid with 3 more checks in the mail . I have had around 30ish people fully committ and say they are in and then back out/ stop answering .

It is getting down to the wire now . . . . .
I can certainly relate.
Seems to just be part of human nature in that many people will disappoint you, often when you least expect it.
Others may unexpectedly step in to help you. :)

But don't count those "3 more checks in the mail" until received and cleared the bank.

Hopefully you'll ultimately be well rewarded for all your frustrations in getting this going.

bowhunter163

TheLBLman":2laup8r7 said:
Any openings remaining?
Still have plenty of spots . It looks like we are going to start off with half the property and keep adding member untill we get the rest . Thanks for the bump by the way !

Latest posts