bread machine

WTM

i kind of laughed when my wife said she bought one, but dang if theyre not too bad at making dough. no more hand kneading for me.

DD7870CD-A128-4A10-9A9D-ABFAA67DD87A.jpeg

DaveB

Yep. i reached the same conclusion. The heat is too focused in the bread machines. I only screwed up about ten times trying to understand when was the best time to remove the dough and then what to do next. Looks to me like you have it down, congratulations.

I made french bread. It was hollow. My Wife laughed at me looking down the tube.

WTM

ive only used it to make the dough so far. it has like 15 modes. i used levening mode, dump everything in except flour and then yeast on top. hit button, it stirs, then kneads, then does the first rise. after an hour take the blob of dough out cut into 16 equal pieces, form into rolls. put in greased pan, cover and let rise another hour, then baste with butter and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

here are 25 bread recipes. this one is sweet dinner rolls.

TAFKAP

Yep. i reached the same conclusion. The heat is too focused in the bread machines. I only screwed up about ten times trying to understand when was the best time to remove the dough and then what to do next. Looks to me like you have it down, congratulations.

I made french bread. It was hollow. My Wife laughed at me looking down the tube.

Did you have any way of steam baking it?

DaveB

Sorry Mr. T, I have no idea what steam baking is. I will look it up because you cannot imagine the amount of bread consumed at my place. Some of what I cook is truly superior and the rest is best left outside in the cold.

TAFKAP

So French baguettes are baked in a steam oven, one that'll help ensure a soft and light interior, with a crisp exterior. A lot of folks get around that with a pan of water while baking. Might not have solved the crusty tube problem though :D

WTM

white bread loaf turned out pretty good. the 2lb loaf is a bit much. will probably make a 1lb loaf. probably will be closer to the size of a normal piece of bread.
2BF9C72F-E63F-4EF0-BE51-997BB4B3023F.jpeg

Latest posts