Fried eggs in bread?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I was watching wicked tuna the other day and on the hard merchandise the daughter cooked them something to eat.
From what I could tell it was a piece of bread with a circle cut out of the center.
She put them in the skillet and then cracked an egg and dropped it in the center.
Her dad bit into it and, of course, yolk ran all over his shirt and he said your supposed to cook it till the yolk is hard.

Just curious if anyone has ever done that?
I have never seen it before but it looks like it would make a good early morning appetizer for the duck blind. :D

gtk

Staff member
yep.. we call it "egg in the hole". i just take a cup and cut out a hole in a piece of bread, then butter one side, put it in the skillet and crack an egg in the middle. i cook it till its pretty done, then flip it over and flop a piece of cheese on the top. good stuff :)

Coldfusion

We called them "one eyed gypsies". We always put butter on the bread too so a nice crust cooks on the bread. I always cooked mine over medium and at on a plate with salt and pepper.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wobblyshot1

Cracker Barrel has them. I think they call them eggs in a basket or something like that. Two slices of sourdough bread and egg in the hole with a couple of their standard sides.

fairchaser

After you flip it over and sprinkle cheese on the cooked side, when the cheese melts the yoke is fully cooked. It takes longer on side two to finish cooking. Anything less than melted cheese will get you a runny yoke.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
That worked out pretty good lol
482e5f3e7bd5bb6d836f5f72773b56f9.jpg

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts