braided line!

A.K.A.

Just discovered this. Maybe used braid one time on this rod
20100922182124.jpg
[/img]

AllOutdoors

I have always heard of this. But after years of using every braid and superline on the market, I have yet to see it on any of my rods. What brand rod are you using?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It will do the same thing to your right index finger when using it to repair rips in canvas on a pop-up camper.

Just sayin.

Kirk

I quit using braid because it was cutting my end guides. If you get it cut deep enough it will cause all sorts of casting and hook setting issues. I started using the P-line and got completely away from braid.

rocket04

I have never had any issues with braid and it's about all I use in the summer while bass fishing. The backlash issue is tricky but I found going to the larger diameter braid it dosent backlash as much. I use the 12 dia 50lb test power pro.

AllOutdoors

If you ever get a nick in the last eye of your rod, most any line (braid or mono) will wear a groove. Always inspect your last eye and try to protect it if possible. Also check it before you buy any new rod. The tip is most likely to be damaged. I have seen quite a few line breaks that were caused by bad eyes or no eyes at all in the tip.

Latest posts