Bore sighting

cdw338

Put the new scope that came today on my 30/06 and am going to put the one I took of the 06 on my ML.

It took a good while to set the new scope, bore sighted in. I had memory loss for a while and did not remember you had to turn the k
nobs opset from the way you want the cross hairs to go when bore sighting. Must be getting old. Looks pretty good after everything done.

I bought a inch lb torque wrench and this is the first scope I have used it on. Works pretty good.

Tiny

cdw- :cool: never used one on a gun either thought about it though.

Hogbear- I'am gonna have to check Sears tool catalog closer didn't know they had them in inch poounds. How is yours made,like a rachet or T type handle,or screw driver type handle??

Ran into a friend at the range a good while back that had a dandy looking T handle type but I gto busy talkeing with his friends from DRT ammo and checking out one of the T/C Icons they had,and forgot to inquire about that wrench.

WTM

cdw338 said:
Its made by Wheeler and Midway has them.

bass pro in nashville carries wheeler stuff now, noticed they had them there. they also have a scope mounting kit for lapping rings and such. lokks like the same price and midway too.

jakeway

I tried something new this week.

I was switching scopes on my 260, but instead of just taking off the old scope, mounting the new, and boresighting it, I put the gun in a gunsmith vise on my picnic table, and adjusted the vise until my crosshairs on the old scope were centered on a distinct object in the yard. Then I carefully removed the old scope, put the new one in, and withiout moving the gun or the vise, adjusted the crosshairs on the new scope so they were centered on the same object.

I think it worked quite well, but I won't know for sure until I get a chance to take it to the range. It should be at least as close or closer than the usual bore sighting.

(BTW, I normally do boresighting the old fashioned way, with no boresight gizmo. I remove the bolt and look through the bore, then center the crosshairs on the object in the center of the bore. Then shoot and adjust from there.)

Latest posts