Bootheel Report

Crosshairy

It's frustrating to put all your literal and figurative ducks into one basket (January), but I've found myself in that position before also.

This year we got some colder weather earlier, so west TN hunting has gotten better earlier than it has the past couple of years. We'll see how January pans out. I'm drawn for a 3-day hunt this coming week on the tail of this cold front. Cautiously optimistic.

Hats off to you guys doing the SEMO thing to make something work. I don't have the dedication, or schedule flexibility, to drive that far. I'd say 80% of my duck hunting involves me getting back home before ~ 1 PM to either work, pick up a kid from school, etc. I'm sure it's pretty frustrating for you guys to do that, but I'm proud of you for making the effort!

Dodge Man

Took my blinds first zero today. Saw maybe 100 ducks very few geese beside whites Lake refuge. Never fired a shot.
Lots of back water along the Obion and Forked Deer systems from all the rain. I imagine they are scattered in in. On a side note I might get to duck hunt my deer farm. lol
C1AD80D9-8AE3-470E-BEA3-707F022CE26B.jpeg