BOLO For Stolen Trout Boat

rsimms

A guide for Choo Choo Fly & Tackle in Chattanooga had his boat stolen last night.

It's the kind of boat that would work great on the Caney Fork, so if you folks who frequent Caney, or watch ads for such boats, be on the lookout please. He's offering a cash reward and a fishing trip to whoever can help find it. Contact numbers below.

Boat1.JPG

Boat2.JPG

NOTICE
To all it may concern, I just wanted everyone to know that my boat was stolen
at Choo Choo Fly and Tackle between the night of March 7 and the morning of March 8.
As many of you know I work for Mac and this boat is my livelihood. I have put many hours into this boat and I loved it.
If you see this boat or know anyone who has, please call me at 901-412-7386 or at the shop at 423-267-0024.
There is a cash reward and a full day guided fishing trip worth $400 if the information leads to it being found.
Here is a picture of the boat. The only difference is that it has a black 15 hp Mercury motor on the back.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
-David Newsom

bowriter

R.I.P.
It would help to have the reg. numbers. Also, is that a jet drive Merc? I can't tell. Did they also get the trailer? If so, can you describe it. The more info, the better. If he can provide me with that info ASAP as in before daylight omorrow, I'll get it in my tomorrow column as a sidebar. I reach a ton of Caney fishermen.

rsimms

bowriter... sent you an e-mail with additional pics. No, it's a prop motor, but with extra short shaft. Since it was "parked" at the shop, I'm sure thieves got the trailer and all.

7mm08

Sorry to hear that.

I bet that boat is headed to Ark. as that is a very popular design to run the White and North Fork.....would check or alert folks over there.

rsimms

Just got this e-mail update from David:

"Well, good news and bad news. The police found my boat in Alton Park on Burnt Mill Road laying on the side of the road.
They took my trailer, motor, seats, gas can, etc. They just left the hull. I do have insurance so that is a good thing.
Thanks for putting that stuff up for me and getting the word around. I am still keeping my eye out for the motor and trailer being sold online."

TheLBLman

rsimms said:
The police found my boat in Alton Park on Burnt Mill Road laying on the side of the road.
They took my trailer, motor, seats, gas can, etc. They just left the hull.
I'd speculate the thieves saw this post.

Glad he had insurance, and at least this brings some closure to the situation.

Latest posts