Boil / wax question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I boiled 6 traps on Sunday.
I didn't have time to wax them.

Did I mess up by waiting?

Do I need to boil again and then wax immediately after or can I wax them later this week and be ok ?

matt_brown

You'll be fine. Do you wax in a separate pan? If so I would set my trap in the wax and let the metal get hot so when you pull the trap out of the wax it will stick to it. If you put a cold trap in the wax and pull it straight out it will all flake off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

matt_brown

I mix my wax with my boiling water and dye so I do it all at once. When I am done I let the water/dye/wax sit till the next day and by then the wax will be solid on the top of the water.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TN Song Dog

Matt is correct, you will be fine.

I like to let them dry good before waxing, myself. Even a few days is no problem. Like matt said, put them in the hot wax one at a time, wait about 60 to 90 seconds trap is fully heated, then pull out and let it drip over pot. I then put mine in a clean bucket or plastic tub, with lid to keep odors out. When trap is heating up in the wax, you will see the transition happen.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I boil in one pot and wax in another seperate one.

Last time I boiled and let them dry / cool then put them in the wax and left them till I was sure the traps were the same temp as the wax then pulled them out.

Latest posts