Bob...Bobwhite

birddoginQ

Just wondering if anyone ventured out after quail this weekend. As for myself, I did not. Also looking to see if anyone as any suggestions on where to go WMA's, private land or anywhere. I have a beautiful german shorthair with a hell of a nose but nowhere to go. Any help would be much appreciated

birddoginQ

i live in knoxville an travel to middle TN to deer hunt. Im willing to hunt anywhere that I can watch my dog run. Im also interested in seeing if she's got a nose for grouse. Never tried it and would have no idea how to go about it.

bcunnin1

I have been up there once, it was rough country. Not to many fields that I saw. But then again I have only been up once. Let me know if you want some company I am thinking about getting a 20 Gauge here in a couple days.

birddoginQ

my short hair , belle, is a great close working dog. we had some luck last year around catoosa i was wondering if any of the other wma had many birds. I understand that they are hard to come by I just like to watch her run. I dont even carry a gun quite a bit of the time. So if grouse are as prevelant as they sound I guess it would be a good chance to watch her work. I still love the bobs though we have a small place that we by and release birds in august so by November they are pretty wild. Pretty good success to about 60-70 percent of the birds make it to hunting season, much less make it through season but we do have some that make it from season to season.

turftech28

im in middle tn and iv never hunted bobs but i thank i know of a really good place on the wma here close im abought 45 miles south of mashville the wma has a few over grown field good size feelds that border the duck river just a thought if you need info send a email or pm me always up to help

DntBrnDPig

I'm in Cleveland and have a young pointer. Got him on some birds at a buy and shoot place in Estil Springs. Its a great place. The birds seem to fly better last year, but we had a good time.

Its called CC Patridge Patch. Just google it and you will find it.

I have never been to Royal Blue or any of the other WMA's looking for quail. I might have to check that out.

birddoginQ

never been to a buy and shoot place. I have a couple of places here that we buy young birds and release. release em in august or september and by november (whats left) are very wild. We've done some habitat work (all the landowner will allow) and they seem to hold there pretty well. Its probably just as expensive to do that as it is to go to a preserve, but i enjoy doin it myself. Just wish we didnt have to buy the little guys. Wild birds are so much fun. They just dont make it in fescue fields.

Latest posts