Blind Site Drawings in East Tennessee???

Beekeeper

A friend of mine called me today and said that the TWRC was looking at instituting a blind program for: candies Creek, Yellow Creek, Johnsons Bottoms and maybe some other areas on Chickamuga.

Has anyone any info. on this?

Spoonbillmallard

I have heard that but can't say for sure. I would definately check out TWRA website and find out for sure. If something new is implemented this year then it will be on there.

Beekeeper

I think this is a good idea. I hunted Yellow Creek several years ago and there were some folks that had one side of the area staked out as their own private hunting preserve. This really limited your ability to have a good hunt as they would not let the birds work and had a habit of shooting at birds that were out of range.

What do you all think?

Dodge Man

A computerized drawing system for blind sites for Bogota and the new Thorny Cypress Wildlife Management Area in Dyer County and the four units on the Chickamauga WMA (Candies Creek, Johnson Bottoms, Rogers Creek, and Yellow Creek) will be implemented for next season. More information on the application process will be announced at a later date.

http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/5204

bcunnin1

Been any new news on this lately? Like an actual announcement on when drawing will be?

Also any word on if you can draw somewhere else and still be eligible to draw here?