Blind drawings

drake799

Got to thinking about the drawing and the current situation of the country. Anyone thought about what might happen to The drawings this year?! I know it's a ways away But with way things are going does anyone else think they may be held some other way? Just something that popped in my mind

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
From the survey they sent out, changes were already coming. The way things sit right now, with social distancing, and the slant of the survey, I would not be surprised to see an electronic draw, and the blind sites drawn by the week or weekend instead of year long access. We'll hear something official in a couple of months I'm sure.

drake799

I sure hope they don't change it from the yearly draw. Having a blind for a week or weekend would suck. Would also mean you'd likely have to
Boat blind hunt which would also suck lol. I really hate to see them do computer draw as well. As it'll have more "non locals" applying for these sites. Which would mean they wouldn't be hunted nearly enough They'd also probably make it like other draw site where people wouldn't be allowed to hop these sites when they were available

TAFKAP

Man, that's pretty terrible. Considering the nature of Reelfoot hunting, I can't imagine assigned days for an open water blind actually working. People put out hundreds of decoys to prepare for a season. It'll completely change hunting out there to where the state blinds remain unoccupied because it's not worth messing with.

As for out-of-staters, TWRA should weight a TN resident's priority over an out-of-state license. About the only ones to lose out on the computer drawings might be the folks at Boyette's

WilcoKen

If traditional drawings can't take place this year and it isn't computerized maybe make all WMAs open (resident only) to temporary blind sites with with safe shooting distance restrictions. I hunt OH WMA and would not like a weekly draw system at all. I've hoped for a computerized draw for several years so maybe this year they will go to that. Lots of unknowns these days...

Displaced_Vol

Malo1ke":2i0tznod said:
If traditional drawings can't take place this year and it isn't computerized maybe make all WMAs open (resident only) to temporary blind sites with with safe shooting distance restrictions. I hunt OH WMA and would not like a weekly draw system at all. I've hoped for a computerized draw for several years so maybe this year they will go to that. Lots of unknowns these days...

They'd be hard pressed to make a federally managed, migratory bird open to residents only.

I'd like to think things will be able to happen, albeit with some modifications maybe. If not, then I'd say they'll move to online only. They could still be season long draws even if they're all done online I would think.

tickweed

If it does go to a computer drawing, it will probably stay that way. Which, would be ok. I would miss the friends and atmosphere, but it could be better in some ways. this is just a messed up year. all the way around.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
If it goes to computer I see an awful lot of non used blind sites.
Best I remember if you are drawn you are required to put a blind in place.
I see someone entering it from a long ways off then never mess with putting a blind up when they find out it is a gar hole.

Wonder if they will start enforcing the rule that takes you out of the next years draw if you don't build a blind?

drake799

They do enforce it. I know some people it happened to lol I sure hope it doesn't go to computer or weekly draws Especially weekly draws That would mean boat blind hunting and that would really suck

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
drake799":ok0cmfe0 said:
They do enforce it. I know some people it happened to lol I sure hope it doesn't go to computer or weekly draws Especially weekly draws That would mean boat blind hunting and that would really suck

If it goes to weekly draws that will probably wind 99% of my duck hunting up.

Displaced_Vol

We do a little bit of everything up here in KY. Annual, weekly, daily, online & in-person.
Can't honestly say what I prefer. I do think the annual draws down there are much more of an event and I'd hate to never see one first hand.

TimberMan

In my opinion the handheld should stay. They should enforce that a person have the proper license, because that in itself will limit numbers, atleast where we draw. Wont give out any locations but up in NW TN, a preservation permit can get you in to the draw.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TimberMan":1z8rpf48 said:
In my opinion the handheld should stay. They should enforce that a person have the proper license, because that in itself will limit numbers, atleast where we draw. Wont give out any locations but up in NW TN, a preservation permit can get you in to the draw.

I agree 100%

GUNNERX2

RUGER":2ewmaeh5 said:
If it goes to computer I see an awful lot of non used blind sites.
Best I remember if you are drawn you are required to put a blind in place.
I see someone entering it from a long ways off then never mess with putting a blind up when they find out it is a gar hole.

Wonder if they will start enforcing the rule that takes you out of the next years draw if you don't build a blind?

The way it was held last year, 10% of the blinds on Old Hickory were not selected (gar holes) and 5% of the blinds selected were not built, repaired or brushed.
If they are considering a computer draw this year, I'm sure they would need to be making arrangements for that now. That process is not something that they can slap together at the last minute.
I participated in the computer draw back in the 70s and it wasn't too painful. The draw gave you a priority number but you still had to show up in person to select a blind.

Dodge Man

My opinion it not change, unless they do something slightly different to the crown control on site.

There is not enough time to make major changes like a computer draw or weekly draw. I think some of the big changes would require a vote somewhere. Or at least some official announcement to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fireduck

Still not heard anything about blind drawings for this year? I did see Wilson County Fair will not be held this year- don't know if this will have anything to do about the blind drawings there at the Fairgrounds. Be nice to know

Polarkraft

Illinois canceled a similar version to what Tennesse does.

Word is that in thier scenario last years cards will be valid for this season

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts