Bike Seat

leeinmemphis

for a wing you can't beat a Russell. I had one on a yellow wing I had a few years ago. It made a ton of difference. I've got a Sargent on my current bike and it is adequate but I'm not putting on alot of miles right now.

leeinmemphis

It was just about right. We were doing some weekend trips with a local sport bike club basically running SAG for them and we could put in 400+ mile days without any problems. Be prepared for it to take a few thousand miles to break in and conform to your body. A good saddle can make a good bike a great bike. I also had a utopia(I think that was the brand) backrest for the driver and it made a huge difference when running it by myself. I rode up to St. Louis for the Cycleworld Intl show one year in February. With the backrest and the Gerbing heated gear I was riding in total comfort. It's definitely money well spent if you are planning on spending some serious time in the saddle.

Allen Sullivan

Well I ordered mine today, seat has been sent in as well. I hope to have it back by the first of Dec. Will be plenty of time to take it to FL for the winter after hunting season.

Allen Sullivan

I had thought about the Gel but all the reports I read that they were very hot if they we're out in the sun during the summer and cold in the winter.

Tree Man

I have two friends that swear by Saddleman seats. One guy says that he if he buys a new bike it will have a Saddleman gel seat. The first time he rode with the new Saddleman he came by the my house and said that the seat was too wide up front. I sat on the bike and agreed with him, but I am shorter than he is. Some weeks later he made a trip to Maine and he said that he loved the Saddleman seat.
I had my seat redone at LA Design in Murfreesbor. He removed some of the old foam and replaced it with something like memory foam. I made the 3400 mile trip to Canada around the north shore of lake Superior with no problem. But last weekend on a trip to the Smokies my but got tired, go figure.

Allen Sullivan

I had some memory foam put in it in FL this past winter, when you first got on it, the seat was like a rock until your body heat soften it up. It helped a lot but just needed something else. Once the seat comes back I will let everyone know how it is. Hope to have it back around Dec 1 in time to take it to FL for the winter in Jan. I have to be down there for 3 months for work.

Allen Sullivan

Will be taking the Bike to Fl in Jan, will be down there for 3 months for work. Hope to get to ride it a lot and really get to try the seat out.