Big zero

ROVERBOY

About my luck too. I didn't go this morning but, Yesterday morning heard 2 that literally sounded at least a mile away. Sad.......

BPhunter

Do you folks in TN have to draw for a turkey tag?
Here in Commierado we have a spring, and fall, and late, turkey season, and have to put in for a draw on both for certain areas. Have over the counter licences available, but those are usually void of turkey.
Thing is our birds here are pretty sorry looking compared to the turkey back East.

PalsPal

I went solo to same place dad and I went yesterday. The one I was on shut up when he hit the ground, so I went to other side of property close to where heard some yesterday.

Finally heard one, and got sat up , but two came in, single file through some thick stuff and stopped at 30 yds or so.. They were just over crest of hill and I couldn't make out a beard on the first one. The second one popped a strut and drummed. As I waited for them to separate, I saw a thin pencil beard on the first one when he turned. I could not get a good shot on the second one, and they got skiddish and wandered off.

That was my cutoff time to leave for Bible class, so I'll have to try them another day.

Latest posts