Big Blue Cat

FLTENNHUNTER1

Because I guarantee he didn't eat it. at least I hope he didn't. Nothing swimming in our polluted waters that has been there that long to get that big is free of toxins and pollution.
An opportunity to blow the doors off a current record is well worth the sacrifice of one catfish. Additionally, this is the best chance a normal nobody guy like me would have to live in infamy with a possibly unbreakable record. The bragging rights amongst fellow fisherman would also be worth the death of one catfish.

TX300mag

I've eaten several big ones. Flatheads are definitely better fare than blues, but I've never had a bad one.

As I got older and thought more about trying to live long enough to see my kids grown, I stopped eating the bigger ones simply because of the mercury content. I probably wouldn't eat anything out of the Mississippi, though.

bloodtrailing

A lot of people target the older age class in a lot of things, but for catfish it should be different? I am sure the guy did not cast his line thinking I am going to kill an old as hell catfish today. Let him have his moment that he will cherish longer than that fish would have live on its own.

Latest posts