Big 10 and SEC commissioners

buckaroo

Are meeting today, wonder what they are thinking? Backing the Vols? Going to tell ncaa to take a walk? Start whole new league , having 2 major conferences or none at all?

deerfanatic

My guess is two super conferences. I don't know how the ncaa stuff is gonna go down but the NCAA as the institute we know of now is gonna have to have major reform and bend the knee and kiss the ring to survive. Someone will still have to run this whole thing but the model we have now is badly broken and outdated. I think we are about to see a junior nfl model come in more or less.

chris1976

None of this is spur of the moment. It has been in the works for quite a while. All of the actions of the last few days were already run through the SEC offices. The time has come for the communists at the NCAA to bow out. A new age in college football is starting and The Vols are leading the charge 😁 buckle up

BamaProud

None of this is spur of the moment. It has been in the works for quite a while. All of the actions of the last few days were already run through the SEC offices. The time has come for the communists at the NCAA to bow out. A new age in college football is starting and The Vols are leading the charge 😁 buckle up

Sounds kinda like "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" ...so nobody can play if you don't play the way I want to play.

buckaroo

Sounds kinda like "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" ...so nobody can play if you don't play the way I want to play.
Most people with common sense realize the ncaa is rubbish out to get their share of money, are very inefficient and ignorant at their job. I think Tennessee will come out looking like heroes in the end

BamaProud

Yall realize Alabama is in the SEC too. Right? I think Bama has won the SEC for a few years recently.

I have never professed to be a fan of the NCAA, but College football is bigger than the SEC and the BIG-10. For years I have been reading on this website how College football is being destroyed with transfers, paying players, NIL and now "The Portal" but in the last few weeks, TN fans are willing to burn it all down just because some think it was Tennessee's idea? :rolleyes: This has been in negotiation for years, not days.

I just hope the powers that be don't end up throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
Hopefully they can get together and come up some good solutions to some of things that are out of control.

Exactly.

Latest posts