Best Superbowl Appetizer/finger food?

lafn96

What's your go-to? Looking for something smoked/grilled for the game. Saw one this last week that looks good - take a single onion ring; press about 1/4-1/2 inch of ground sausage to the inside of that ring, then wrap with bacon, season and dab on some BBQ sauce.

One that I really like is take peppercinis; wrap with carne asada (mexican seasoned flap meat); wrap that with bacon and use a toothpick to hold together. Smoke or grill till bacon's cooked. This one is always a favorite anytime I've made it for a get-together. Learned it tail-gating before a game; and the guy called them dog nuts.

BPhunter

I couldn't care about the over-paid fools on the field....but, when they took a knee-I took a hike!! However, my wife makes about 10lbs of hot wings. She has a sauce she perfected along with ranch dressing...OMG....nothing like a good old mountainman movie on Super Bowl Sunday.
Unfortunately, snowed around a foot last night and still snowing, sooooo, gots to go out and plow.

BPhunter

What's your go-to? Looking for something smoked/grilled for the game. Saw one this last week that looks good - take a single onion ring; press about 1/4-1/2 inch of ground sausage to the inside of that ring, then wrap with bacon, season and dab on some BBQ sauce.

One that I really like is take peppercinis; wrap with carne asada (mexican seasoned flap meat); wrap that with bacon and use a toothpick to hold together. Smoke or grill till bacon's cooked. This one is always a favorite anytime I've made it for a get-together. Learned it tail-gating before a game; and the guy called them dog nuts.
Sounds good to me...

RobDooley

Flap meat? I think I had some last night when I went to bed. Wasn't Mexican seasoned though.

MoonBuzzard

Flap meat? I think I had some last night when I went to bed. Wasn't Mexican seasoned though.
happy show GIF

Displaced_Vol

Going to smoke some wings on the Weber and make up the proprietary wing sauce. It's just a churched up buffalo wing sauce but it is great with wings that have been grilled or smoked.
I usually like to make some buffalo chicken dip but don't know if I will this year . I know it's redundant with buffalo wings but who cares, this is America. Dove poppers were normally on the menu too.

redblood

I couldn't care about the over-paid fools on the field....but, when they took a knee-I took a hike!! However, my wife makes about 10lbs of hot wings. She has a sauce she perfected along with ranch dressing...OMG....nothing like a good old mountainman movie on Super Bowl Sunday.
Unfortunately, snowed around a foot last night and still snowing, sooooo, gots to go out and plow.
I agree. Wont watch college or nfl anymore when the blm stuff started. But one of my favorites is buffalo chicken dip and pigs in a blanket made with homemade dough

TAFKAP

So I brined about 6 lbs of wings on Saturday, and smoked them Sunday morning. Chilled in the fridge for a couple hours, then in 375° peanut oil to crisp up. My wide variety of hot sauces was enough to satisfy all the palates. The smoked then fried method was really hard to beat. Probably the best batch of wings I've ever done.

Bwales95

I made these yesterday, and they were fantastic! Marinated backstrap overnight in Malcolm Reed's marinade and grilled them up with some Meat Church honey hog rub. I should have made twice as many as i did.

Attachments

• F18E7045-2D9E-4BF1-AA4B-16FC7A60A944.jpeg
    F18E7045-2D9E-4BF1-AA4B-16FC7A60A944.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 42
  • E7C9951E-E36B-44EB-9BB1-39539D5302CB.png
    E7C9951E-E36B-44EB-9BB1-39539D5302CB.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 42

jc0313

I made these yesterday, and they were fantastic! Marinated backstrap overnight in Malcolm Reed's marinade and grilled them up with some Meat Church honey hog rub. I should have made twice as many as i did.
Malcolm Reed is the man 👍

Latest posts