Food Storage

Cherokee

While this forum is not about long term food storage, it does seem to be the best spot for my thoughts. My heart, mind, and soul have been moved in the past few months to become better prepared. For what I do not know, but I feel the need to have provisions stored away. And since most of my provisions are about food, I am posting here. Maybe there will be a dedicated forum in the future (hint, hint).
My thinking is that by sharing ideas we may all benefit. Listed below are my efforts to date:
1. Freeze dryer will be here Monday and I plan to put it in 24/7 operation.
2. Storing food (rice, oats, sugar, flour, …) Mylar bags and 5 gallon buckets.
3. Have a large quantity of salt ordered. Will be picking it up in a few days. Ordered way more than I need and think it may be a great barter item.
4. Ammo. Well I just tend to always have excessive inventory. :)

Additional thoughts?

Chiflyguy

While this forum is not about long term food storage, it does seem to be the best spot for my thoughts. My heart, mind, and soul have been moved in the past few months to become better prepared. For what I do not know, but I feel the need to have provisions stored away. And since most of my provisions are about food, I am posting here. Maybe there will be a dedicated forum in the future (hint, hint).
My thinking is that by sharing ideas we may all benefit. Listed below are my efforts to date:
1. Freeze dryer will be here Monday and I plan to put it in 24/7 operation.
2. Storing food (rice, oats, sugar, flour, …) Mylar bags and 5 gallon buckets.
3. Have a large quantity of salt ordered. Will be picking it up in a few days. Ordered way more than I need and think it may be a great barter item.
4. Ammo. Well I just tend to always have excessive inventory. :)

Additional thoughts?
This spring, plant a big garden and freeze or can as much as you can.
If you got room for chickens, I would.

jb3

I think Costco has a tub that will last 25 years. Can't remember exactly. Just saw it in passing one afternoon. Also, was quite a few meals. You could buy 4 of those and they would take up very minimal space.

Latest posts