Best SEC East QB

gator-n-buck

After last night, I would have to say I don't agree. Its one thing to start against a beat down KY team that lost 5 straight and a SC team that has one of the worst "D" in the SEC.

Mizz has a good "D" and it exposed Dobbs and TN O-Line. TN had one offensive TD all night and needed a fake FG to keep UT in the game. Some of you might want to take Dobbs off the Heisman list... :D

THEdonkey0515

Is a gator fan really talking about how vols had a bad offensive day vs. MIZZ? Thsts funny cause when I watched florida play the same team. Florida offense did nothing lol MIZZ defense crushed them SO bad they didnt even have to play offense lol it was so UGLY remember? 42-13?
Was hoping since gators got crushed by the same team put up less pts, and gave up more. then we would not have to hear all the negative comments about the vols guess not:/
Think the heisman talk was about next year really anyway bud:) I like how the committers last night satarted talking about HURD being a future heisman front runner in the future:)

THEdonkey0515

But No joke that D-Line is good! Some say the best in the game. 2 of them will be NFL picks.
Im seeing the vols being that good at that spot in two years if not next year with the all the 5 and 4 star guys and big names There gonna beef the D-Line up with. And Barrett has played real good! For a freshman broke a few UT records so.

THEdonkey0515

PalsPal said:
Now we know why Dobb's was being red shirted. He has a long ways to go in the passing game.

Hopefully, they can be honed by next season.
We always knew that. They have said ever since they picked Worley as the starter Dobbs has problems hitting open receivers in practice. The whole coaching staff knew he still had things to work on Hint: the red shirt that so many people said it was Stupid to do. People keep saying we would have beat Georgia and florida with dobbs!? really would we have? Cant really say for sure? He beat KY, SC, and should be vandy? Healthy Worley could have won them games pretty sure. So I 100'/, Always understood why they tried to red shirt him.

Wrangler95

gator-n-buck said:
After last night, I would have to say I don't agree. Its one thing to start against a beat down KY team that lost 5 straight and a SC team that has one of the worst "D" in the SEC.

Mizz has a good "D" and it exposed Dobbs and TN O-Line. TN had one offensive TD all night and needed a fake FG to keep UT in the game. Some of you might want to take Dobbs off the Heisman list... :D

That is so funny gator,you fail to mention the Alabama game when Dobbs was inserted in the game he outscored Alabama the rest of the game!lol at Gator fans!

TeamMainStreet

PalsPal said:
Now we know why Dobb's was being red shirted. He has a long ways to go in the passing game.

Hopefully, they can be honed by next season.

Dobbs was 24-37 with a completion % of 64.9 with about 5 dropped passes th best I can remember.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
TeamMainStreet said:
^^^^^^^Oh please say Hutson Mason Or Dylan Thompson. Please

I won't say that Hutson Mason is the best, but his receivers have dropped quite a few perfectly thrown balls over the past few games... and I do mean PERFECTLY thrown balls. But that, along with his 67.6% completion percentage on the SEASON, does not make him the best QB in the SEC East.

What I will say is that I do not think that the SEC East has a best quarterback, as the SEC in general is not a QB driven league this year, in stark contrast to last season when we had Murray, Mettenberger, McCarron, Shaw, and (cough, cough) Manziel chucking the rock. Even James Franklin was better than just about any SEC QB this season, much less any SEC East QB.

I really believe that the best SEC QB is either Dak Prescott, or possibly Blake Sims. The East does not really have one worth even talking about

THEdonkey0515

The entire east is down at the moment not just the QB's I do think Georgia is the best team. Even if they did get beat by a bad SC team and a bad florida team.
MIZZ has a ok QB and good defense but there not a big bad team by no means
Florida and UT well we know what they have done last two years nothing.
SC is setting at 6 wins only beacuse they let UT come back and florida gave them the game.
The east dont have a big bad team that could win the east easy or roll over people. Think it will be wide open again next year also
That being said think Georgia will be the team to beat next year IF they find someone to take over at QB, they showed they could still win with out todd but not having him at all will hurt and they got a good RECRUITING class coming in also.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
THEdonkey0515 said:
The entire east is down at the moment not just the QB's I do think Georgia is the best team. Even if they did get beat by a bad SC team and a bad florida team.
MIZZ has a ok QB and good defense but there not a big bad team by no means
Florida and UT well we know what they have done last two years nothing.
SC is setting at 6 wins only beacuse they let UT come back and florida gave them the game.
The east dont have a big bad team that could win the east easy or roll over people. Think it will be wide open again next year also

I agree with everything that you said. UGA is my team, and I think that they are good, not great, but could be VERY good if not for their inconsistencies. The losses to USCe and UF were mind boggling, but for different reasons totally. I do think that Mizzou has been awfully lucky in timing and scheduling, as they have zero chance of winning the SECCG; but I feel that UGA, if they are "on," could give the SEC West team a run for their money. But, that is a BIG "if."

Next year will be VERY interesting, as several SEC East teams are rebuilding this year, and have a lot of new talent coming in, and are getting a lot of fresh talent experience this season. Should be lots of fun. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see UT, UF, of UGA at the top of the heap next year.

THEdonkey0515

If Georgia finds a QB to take there seniors spot next year. And there run game dont hurt to bad with out ole todd I know they played alot with out him but they used the crap outta him to start the season .then I think you can atleast mark them in the top two. UT will go as far as dobbs takes them the O-Line and ever other spot on the field defense, run game, even special teams should be better and a top 5 recruiting class cant hurt. UF I know nothing about besides I dont trust there QB he might end up a beast I dont know but I just dont see it.and at the moment they dont even have a coach and a bad recruiting class they will be ok again hard to tell about them they can look like there not gonna do anything and run people over. And look good and do nothing