Best Season Ever

R

rooney

And I didn't kill a deer. I speant most of my season hunting with my 8 year old boy. He has become quite the deer hunter. He loves to go hunting. He killed his first deer earlier this year with his pop. He killed his first buck with me this past weekend. First year I haven't killed a deer and I don't know how long and this will go down as the best season of my hunting career.

Coldfusion

Coldfusion

Really cool. I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to start hunting. Definatly buying her the lifetime license while it's cheap

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

TNGunsmoke

I'm already looking forward to that with my grand daughter, and she won't be born for a couple weeks or so yet.

F

FishnFed

My oldest is 21 and he still talks about the first one he got sitting next to me in the stand. Great memories.

BARhunter

BARhunter

Supporter
Great story and great memories! Thanks for sharing your story with us! Congrats to the young man on a fine buck!! :super:

duckduck84

duckduck84

Awesome! Congrats to him!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Congratulations! I hear you on being the best season ever! My daughter killed her first deer last season, and her first buck this season! Nothing like it! :super:

D

DRSJ35

that is awesome congrats to the young man.Do you and little man hunt from a stand or a blind or what.I'm wondering what's best way to do it.my boy is 6 and i want to start taking him.But i want him to not be miserable and hate it when i do take him.Also what gun did you get him to hunt Deer with.I been taking him dove hunting past 2 years.He doesnt shoot yet.Just wanted him to get use to the gun fire.And get the idea.sorry for long post.

W

Winchester

Awesome, congrats!! Thats where its at!

double browtine

double browtine

That's what it is all about right there! Pass it on! I have been on the same path for a couple years now. I would rather see my boys shoot em. Only this year, we haven't seen anything bigger than a 6 pointer.

Congrats to your son on a great season!

R

rooney

DRSJ35":2x4cgdah said:
that is awesome congrats to the young man.Do you and little man hunt from a stand or a blind or what.I'm wondering what's best way to do it.my boy is 6 and i want to start taking him.But i want him to not be miserable and hate it when i do take him.Also what gun did you get him to hunt Deer with.I been taking him dove hunting past 2 years.He doesnt shoot yet.Just wanted him to get use to the gun fire.And get the idea.sorry for long post.

We hunt from two different box blinds on our property. They allow for a good rest for his gun. I started taking my boy when he was 6, but this is the first year I felt comfortable enough in his shooting ability to let him shoot a deer. As for keeping him from being miserable, I let him play on my phone when he gets board. He uses a ruger m77.243. It was the gun I used when I was a youth. I shortened the stock a bit for him. We started letting him shoot from a Caldwell shooting rest. It cut down some of the kick and allowed him to get comfortable. When you get him a gun I would definitely get one with a youth stock. Also I started him with a .22 with a scope when he was 6 on a target. It was a good way to introduce him to guns without kicking his shoulder.