Best place to fish/camp around clarksville

gobblinfool

I am looking to take my son this weekend......father/son time. Looking for a place we can set up a two man tent, build a small fire and fish all in the same area....not wanting to drive from camping site if I can help it.

medwc

What do you consider "around Clarksville"? 50 minute drive to Boswell landing at LBL. Nice safe place, normally not busy at all, nice paved road all the way to the site, 30 or so camp sites great for tents, fishing from shore(cat fishing at night is good sometimes), no running water, no electric, does have an outhouse/latrine for the #1 and #2s, has built in campfire pits with grates, some picnic tables, dumpster, nice boat ramp if you have a boat. I don't know of any place right in Clarksville that I would go to for an over nighter. Too many crazy methheads types and just down right criminal people around this town now a days.

whiskey

medwc":12ow7ho0 said:
What do you consider "around Clarksville"? 50 minute drive to Boswell landing at LBL. Nice safe place, normally not busy at all, nice paved road all the way to the site, 30 or so camp sites great for tents, fishing from shore(cat fishing at night is good sometimes), no running water, no electric, does have an outhouse/latrine for the #1 and #2s, has built in campfire pits with grates, some picnic tables, dumpster, nice boat ramp if you have a boat. I don't know of any place right in Clarksville that I would go to for an over nighter. Too many crazy methheads types and just down right criminal people around this town now a days.

Best advice^

Red River Valley Canoe has a campground on the red river too. It's not bad for a father with a younger son. River will probably be crappy after tomorrow's rain.

gobblinfool

Thanks....this looks perfect....just wanting to get away....but not have to drive to the fishing hole from our campsite....want to be able to walk to it.

I looked at Red River Valley....but I didn't see anything about camping....or maybe it was closed....that is really close to where I live, I will check it out again.

whiskey

Also, we normally do the backcountry camp thing at LBL. There are lots of places to just pull down to the lake.

You can check, but spring squirrel may be open at LBL too.

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."

whiskey

gobblinfool":bqnxqe5f said:
Thanks....this looks perfect....just wanting to get away....but not have to drive to the fishing hole from our campsite....want to be able to walk to it.

I looked at Red River Valley....but I didn't see anything about camping....or maybe it was closed....that is really close to where I live, I will check it out again.

Then you don't live far from me. :) Red river looked like the chocolate milk dam broke yesterday. It came up very fast after Friday's rain.

Land Between the Lakes

LBL - 170,000 acres of land next to nearly 220,000 acres of lakes.

The Ginger Ridge camping area, NOT Ginger Bay, but rather Ginger Ridge is one of my favorite spots to camp in LBL. Ginger Ridge Back-country area is north of Ginger Bay.

Latest posts