Best Crossbow For The Money, I need advise.

TheLBLman

Snowwolfe":32cp214c said:
Where is the best place to order an Excalibur?
I can highly recommend Wyvern Creations.
http://www.wyverncreations.com/

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I helped a friend set up a crossbow package, and received some very good advice from David Wilkins of Wyvern Creations. What's more, their prices were 2nd to none, and they allowed us to customize the package way beyond a mass retailer such as Cabela's.

Lastly, since my friend opted for the Excalibur Micro, we initially put off getting a case because David told us Excalibur would be soon coming out with a custom case just for the Micro (and all the others were much larger than necessary). Well, David FedEx shipped us that custom case (made by Excalibur just for the Micro) today. Meanwhile neither Cabela's nor Bass Pro even has it listed as an offering.

Forvols":32cp214c said:
Any of you guys seen the Excalibur grizzly? got opinions on it. Looking at getting a xbow
On top of anything else you might be considering . . . . . .
I'd recommend your sending an email to Wyvern Creations, asking them, as well as checking into how you could "customize" the set-up.

Otherwise, my only personal recommendation is don't get a package with an Excalibur branded scope. A custom shop can put you together a package deal utilizing a much better scope (and still probably save you money). While you might not "need" it, having a cocking crank embedded into the stock can be a nice feature if you mainly hunt from tree stands. You can have a Ten Point brand cocker (the absolute best) embedded into the stock of an Excalibur Grizzly. You can also get a package with better arrows (than Excalibur's) with more durable brass rather than aluminum inserts. By contrast, the big box retailers will only sell you an Excalibur "package" deal with an Excalibur scope & Excalibur arrows.

TNGRIZZLY_

2-Step Enabled
Yotekiller011":ekgh7di0 said:
Bought my Excaliber Matrix Micro 335 in Realtree last night. Got a pretty good deal from what I've seen them go for. Excited about getting it . Hope she's what I think it's gonna be :super:

congrats, you will like it.

Yotekiller011

i got my Excalibur matrix micro 335 and love it. just trying to learn as much as possible quick before season. I did get it sighted in using the field points provided in the lite stuff package but after speaking with Excalibur Customer service, I think I'm going with a 125 grn. field point and a Rage Cross X 125 broadhead. Still 375 grn. total which according to the company I'm good as long as I'm 350 or greater. Mine shot great with 150 but broadheads hard to find and no mechanicals at that weight. Anyone else shooting Rage Cross X Broadheads, how do they shoot?

A/M/G

Excaliber, simple. Customer service is beyond comparison. I bought an excal used. I messed up the limbs, my fault, 2 weeks prior to deer season. I called them. They replaced the limbs free of charge and paid shipping. I was able to hunt opening day. I will only shoot an excal crossbow.
As said in earlier post accurate to 50 yards and simple to work on in the field if need to change the string, no press required. It is a simple bow that works well.

mattmillard510

southernhunter":i6b52m3a said:
On a cheap budget I heard good things about the Barnett recruit

Coming from someone who sells bows/crossbows, do not buy a Barnett. Especially the Raptor and Recruit. We see almost a 50% return rate on them. Mainly breaking strings (the first few I assumed dry fire) but after getting close to 50 with the same issue in the last year and a half, it's not a coincidence. Their bows with an aluminum flight rail aren't AS bad.

However, I would refuse to spend that kind of money on a bow (especially a xbow) and not get a lifetime warranty.

I'm a big Excalibur fan but we have seen some limb issues recently from them (mainly the 405). Which is out of character for them. The Micro is a sweet bow for sure!

Probably the company in that mid price range that we sell a lot of and have the fewest issues out of is Parker. They aren't as flashy and have a less than stellar trigger but they just don't tear up very much. They have amazing customer service (as well as Excalibur)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldFart

I own a Wicked Ridge Invader and am very happy with it. I also own an Excalibur scope which I mounted on the Invader and very much like it. The newer Invaders are faster than mine. For the money, I don't believe they can be beat! Ray

Mid-Tenn

Snowwolfe":2fueufox said:
Where is the best place to order an Excalibur?

I bought mine, an Excalibur Exomax, a few years ago from Lancaster Archery supply through their E-Bay eStore.
Cheaper than I could have bought it local, free shipping, a close out model, and no state sales tax saved me almost 300.00

Latest posts