Best CC holster

bigtex

I seldom carry on person [always carry in vehicle] but with the recent crap going on feel the need to carry all the time now.
I recently purchased a new pistol a S&W MP Shield .40 and was wondering which holster to purchase. There are so many choices it becomes a little confusing.
I want something unobtrusive, yet easy to get to and fairly comfortable.
Thoughts?
BTW, after purchasing the new pistol I can find no 40 S&W ammo anywhere locally and very little on line. I reload and have ordered dies, brass and bullets. I already have powder and primers. The catch is, looks like my order wont be shipped until middle of next month. I would like to find a box or two locally so if anyone could hook me up it would be much appreciated.

LY

Lots of opinions on these. My favorite is by a company called CYA. It's veteran owned, I got mine from Amazon $35ish. It's very thin and works great, I have seen them at Academy too. If you get a chance go by there and at least check them out, I'll definitely by from them again.

bigtex

LY":g5wn054e said:
Lots of opinions on these. My favorite is by a company called CYA. It's veteran owned, I got mine from Amazon $35ish. It's very thin and works great, I have seen them at Academy too. If you get a chance go by there and at least check them out, I'll definitely by from them again.
Great, thanks much. I will check them out for sure.

bigtex

Jcalder":kr6xf4hn said:
I like an alien gear but they're slow on shipping. I've had to wait well over a month each time for the ones I've had/have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'll check them out as well.
Shipping is slow on everything these days. I ordered reloading supplies about a week ago and they haven't even shipped yet.

CATCHDAWG

IWB or OWB? I'm a shirttail out kinda guy and carry outside. My holster is a Tagua open top. I love it, and even being a little on the scrawny side, you cannot tell I'm carrying and it's extremely comfortable. Takes a few days for the leather to shape but when it does, it fits perfectly.

bigtex

CATCHDAWG":1edzzq81 said:
IWB or OWB?
That's what i'm having a hard time deciding. I'll probably go outside carry, seems to me inside carry would get a little uncomfortable after awhile.
I'm pretty scrawny as well and unless i'm going to church, funeral, or a wedding I don't "tuck" lol.
I will check the Tagua holster out, thanks!!

bigtex

Thanks for everyones help.
I ordered a tagua owb off of ebay. Main reason I went with this one was because it was on sale lol. [and because catchdawg recommended it]
The others that were recommended looked equally as good.
Thanks again guys it was much appreciated.
Now if I could only find a box of shells, it's like getting a new toy for Christmas with no batteries. :bash:

bigtex

Thanks Waynesworld but I just got a notification that my reloading supplies are "out for delivery" so hopefully i'll be good to go.
Appreciate the offer though.

Shorttine

CATCHDAWG":3i82x28g said:
IWB or OWB? I'm a shirttail out kinda guy and carry outside. My holster is a Tagua open top. I love it, and even being a little on the scrawny side, you cannot tell I'm carrying and it's extremely comfortable. Takes a few days for the leather to shape but when it does, it fits perfectly.

+1 on the Tagua. I daily carry a Diamondback .380 IWB in a Tagua and honestly forget its there im a bigger fella at 6' 280lbs and its very comfortable on the hip

Latest posts