best bows in the business.

nabowhunter

W.Seay said:
NABOWHUNTER,
WHAT YOU AND ALL THE OTHER MATHEWS BASHERS FORGET TO MENTION IS THE FACT THAT MATHEWS ACTUALLY GIVES BACK TO THE SPORT OF ARCHERY! IF IT WEREN'T FOR MATHEWS, THERE WOULD BE NO ARCHERY PROGRAM IN THE SCHOOLS!MATHEWS PROMOTES THE SPORTOF ARCHERY BETTER THAN ANYOTHER BOW COMPANY PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Uhhh.. your caps lock is stuck

:D

LCU

Starting over:

Not sure there is an absolute answer to what bows are the best in the business. It's subjective.

I shoot a Mathews, and IMO it's a great bow.

No way I am going to say Mathews bows are the best in the business. How ould I know that?

This is why when I hear someone say " Mathews sucks", it is not a legit comment,based upon facts.

Just shoot what you like,and leave it at that.

Besides, the Indian is more important than the arrow.
Think about it.

Coach

LCU said:
Radar said:
LCU said:
My Drenalin has a smooth draw,and is very quiet.
I draw on deer at 10 yds,and it doesn't make a sound.
What makes noise on your Mathews bow Radar?
It is mostly string noise because of the longer ATA ,and not quite parallel limbs of the newer models . I like the grip on the PSE better too . It fits in my hand better . But that is me , shoot what works for you and be happy with it .

The grip on my Dren doesn't feel as good as I think it should. Thought about replacing it. Maybe next year.

That's a common problem LCU...you can buy a cheaper grip that will work better or I think there is one called a Shrewsbury for in the mid $50's...

LCU

Coach said:
LCU said:
Radar said:
LCU said:
It is mostly string noise because of the longer ATA ,and not quite parallel limbs of the newer models . I like the grip on the PSE better too . It fits in my hand better . But that is me , shoot what works for you and be happy with it .

The grip on my Dren doesn't feel as good as I think it should. Thought about replacing it. Maybe next year.

That's a common problem LCU...you can buy a cheaper grip that will work better or I think there is one called a Shrewsbury for in the mid $50's...

Ever hear of a Torqueless Grip?
Heard good things about it.
I'll check into a Shrewsbury.

My hand is average size,but the stock Mathews grip does not fit me even close. No idea how they came up with this design.
I shoot my Dren fine with this grip,but it's not like it should be IMO.

Coach

LCU said:
Coach said:
LCU said:
Radar said:
LCU said:

Ever hear of a Torqueless Grip?
Heard good things about it.
I'll check into a Shrewsbury.

My hand is average size,but the stock Mathews grip does not fit me even close. No idea how they came up with this design.
I shoot my Dren fine with this grip,but it's not like it should be IMO.
The Mathews grip is just too comfortable...really, it doesn't let you hold your grip in a straight line with your arm so you have to torque it. I've been putting mine on the pad of my hand beneath my thumb at Radar's suggestion some time back and it's working great...but, next year I'm going for the Shrewsbury...

JayMc

I use grips from Tronjo on archerytalk.com on all my Mathews. You can also take a dremel tool to the grip that comes on it and customize it.

Radar

I bought a Hick's grip for my Mathews Conquest that I sold a while back . It's the same as a Shrewd , but cheaper . Lancaster's archery carries them online . You can get a medium or low wrist plastic grip for less than $25 .
I have read and heard more complaints about Mathews grips than all other brands combined . They should listen to their customer feedback and offer more grip options .

Coach

Radar said:
I bought a Hick's grip for my Mathews Conquest that I sold a while back . It's the same as a Shrewd , but cheaper . Lancaster's archery carries them online . You can get a medium or low wrist plastic grip for less than $25 .
I have read and heard more complaints about Mathews grips than all other brands combined . They should listen to their customer feedback and offer more grip options .

I was talking to my local Mathews dealer a month ago about it and he told me as far as he knew there was nothing in the works with Mathews to change the grip. Both guys there shoot Mathews and both have aftermarket grips...however, like I said in my last post, if you can get used to turning your hand so the grip is on the thumb pad it's awesome...After shooting this way for a month or so it feels natural.

bigdeer

i shot the 08 iron mace high country and at 363 fps i love it yes u will have to see the speed before u belive it i was same way

volsfan8

Im shooting a Mission Journey and love it this has got to be one of the best buys in bows today. No noise no vibration just the sound fo impact.

Latest posts