best bows in the business.

JeepKuntry

Bow I'm shooting right now is a Hoyt Katera. I've shot Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, and Bear. Like Radar stated, find what fits you best, and use it.

nabowhunter

W.Seay said:
Anyone who doesn't like this thread should simply butt out!!

:cry:

There are plenty of good bows out there! Mathews puts more money into promoting itself than any other company and plenty of "pros" to tell you it is the best. If it is so be it. Mine hasn't been all that impressive

Coach

I use a new DXT and I like it, my son uses the new Katera by Hoyt and he likes that. My oldest son uses a Pearson and he thinks it's the best! I also think fitting the right arrow and broadhead to your bow will make you like the bow a whole lot more. I agree with the first part of Radar's statement in that if it works for you....then it works.

W.Seay

NABOWHUNTER,
WHAT YOU AND ALL THE OTHER MATHEWS BASHERS FORGET TO MENTION IS THE FACT THAT MATHEWS ACTUALLY GIVES BACK TO THE SPORT OF ARCHERY! IF IT WEREN'T FOR MATHEWS, THERE WOULD BE NO ARCHERY PROGRAM IN THE SCHOOLS!MATHEWS PROMOTES THE SPORTOF ARCHERY BETTER THAN ANYOTHER BOW COMPANY PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

JayMc

NAbowhunter said:
There are plenty of good bows out there! Mathews puts more money into promoting itself than any other company and plenty of "pros" to tell you it is the best. If it is so be it. Mine hasn't been all that impressive

Mathews also sponsors the National Archery in the Schools Program. I like that a lot.

Matt McPherson, owner, is a great guy. He's a strong Christian who puts his personal money where his mouth is by supporting several ministries. I know the treasurer of one who speaks very highly of Matt. He also has a guitar business. I know one of the sound engineers in N'ville who works for him. His employees can't say enough good things about him. To steal a line from Rich, Matt is one of those guys who does more good by accident than most of us do on purpose.

I love Mathews bows and have several, but I like them even more knowing that the company is led by someone who I deeply respect.

I'll jump off my fanboy soapbox now :D

W.Seay

Ditto on that JayMc!I know a couple of Mathews employees who Love working for Matt and say that he is a VERY respectable guy who always is out to help others!That one of the reasons why I buy atleast one or two new Mathews bows each year.

Radar

I just set my Mathews LX down , and dialed in my PSE Mach X . The Mathews has a smoother draw cycle , but the PSE is much quieter , and more accurate in my hands .
Be happy with what you shoot , but because you shoot it doesn't mean it's the best . There are so many good bows on the market by companies that have been in business since Matt Mcpherson was in diapers .
Bowtech , PSE ,Martin , Hoyt , Pearson , Ross , Mathews ,Kodiak Outdoors ,Diamond ,AR ,Elite , etc. all make good bows .
Find one that you shoot well , but don't put down the choice of others . I know most of it is in jest , but it brings down the level of maturity on the forum .

LCU

My Drenalin has a smooth draw,and is very quiet.
I draw on deer at 10 yds,and it doesn't make a sound.
What makes noise on your Mathews bow Radar?

Radar

LCU said:
It is mostly string noise because of the longer ATA ,and not quite parallel limbs of the newer models . I like the grip on the PSE better too . It fits in my hand better . But that is me , shoot what works for you and be happy with it .

LCU

Radar said:
LCU said:
It is mostly string noise because of the longer ATA ,and not quite parallel limbs of the newer models . I like the grip on the PSE better too . It fits in my hand better . But that is me , shoot what works for you and be happy with it .

The grip on my Dren doesn't feel as good as I think it should. Thought about replacing it. Maybe next year.

nabowhunter

JayMc said:
NAbowhunter said:

Mathews also sponsors the National Archery in the Schools Program. I like that a lot.

Matt McPherson, owner, is a great guy. He's a strong Christian who puts his personal money where his mouth is by supporting several ministries. I know the treasurer of one who speaks very highly of Matt. He also has a guitar business. I know one of the sound engineers in N'ville who works for him. His employees can't say enough good things about him. To steal a line from Rich, Matt is one of those guys who does more good by accident than most of us do on purpose.

Jay that is great man! I agree 100% that he is a great dude. Read a lot of stuff on him and his companies. And who can argue with the Archery in Schools Program :)

Now, back to the BEST bow, who is to judge that? Mathews does put a fortune in its "pros". And if all them winnings makes them the best so be it. They make a great bow, but to say they hands down make the best bows in the business is amusing to me. There are too many good bow companies out there to make that statement ;)

Latest posts