Benton county taxidermy

Bull73

I'm from sevier county but will be hunting the velvet hunt in benton county. I'd like to get some recomendations on good taxidermists within an hour or so of benton county. I may be putting the cart before the horse but if I'm lucky enough to kill a velvet buck I'd like to be able to take him strait to a great taxidermist and I'd like to make sure they have done velvet deer ahead of time. Thx

cbhunter

Wootens Taxidermy in Paris is pretty well known. Might give him a call and see about doing velvet. I have never used him but I have seen his work and really liked it. He is not the cheapest around which usually goes with good work.

fairchaser

I spoke with my taxidermist and he recommended not worrying about the velvet. You can't get all the blood out and no matter how hard you try, at some point you'll get an infestation that could not only ruin that mount but all your others. Instead, he can add artificial velvet that will keep forever and look beautiful. This will add $200 to the cost but be better in the long run.

Latest posts