Beaver cookin'

TAFKAP

That's a first for me, too. I'm not typically in a position to offer beaver to my friends :D :D :D

How's the initial smell test?

TAFKAP

And no, that wasn't an intended double-entendre about the smell test.

I was surprised at the texture. The hide was tough as nails, but the meat felt like it was just about to pull apart. That's half the reason the butchery job is so bad. I couldn't pull the skin off without wrenching the meat off the bone.

Crosshairy

I will remember this next time I'm NOT SHOOTING ANY DUCKS AGAIN during duck season ;)

Always seems like a beaver swims past me, and I think "nah, I don't want to scare the ducks away". 3 hours later and no ducks...yeah, I gotta do something different.

TAFKAP

Crosshairy said:
I will remember this next time I'm NOT SHOOTING ANY DUCKS AGAIN during duck season ;)

Always seems like a beaver swims past me, and I think "nah, I don't want to scare the ducks away". 3 hours later and no ducks...yeah, I gotta do something different.

After an unproductive morning deer hunting in half-flooded bottoms, that was the thought running through my head. So after it climbed out of the water for the third time, BANG.

Crosshairy

Poser said:
Crosshairy said:

Keep in mind that beavers will sink if you kill them in water.

I found that out the hard way about 15 years ago when I shot one in about a foot of water and never found it. They are tough critters!

Latest posts