BASS Elite at Fork

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I was just going to post about it down there. Huge huge bags of fish…several of the older guys had some not so great comments about the live scope guys. It's a whole new ballgame with the scopes now, and like Greg Hackney said "if you want to win you got to scope, but i ain't doing it".

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
A 19 year old kid from Illinois is at 63lbs+ half way through day two. Just watched him catch an 8 pounder that he was throwing to for who knows how many casts. Without scope he has no idea that fish is there in the first place.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
To me that is just dumb.
Guess he has made enough money he doesn't have to make any more.
I hear what you're saying and agree up to a certain point. I just watched a video from the Zaldangerous boys on"how much do you spend on electronics" on the elite series. Every one of them was at least $25k and on up to $50k. Prices a lot of guys out from fishing tournaments for one, and seemed like most of the guys said they only do it so they can catch enough big fish to stay in the game. They said "it ain't bass fishing" and would rather go back for the sake of the intrinsic value of what fishing used to be.

WTM

To me that is just dumb.
probably bores him to tears. i was that way with spider rigging and side pulling for crappie 30 years ago. if it hadnt been for garry mason and steve welch teaching me how to cast to them id probably quit crappie fishing outside if the spawn.

Levee Jumper

I hear what you're saying and agree up to a certain point. I just watched a video from the Zaldangerous boys on"how much do you spend on electronics" on the elite series. Every one of them was at least $25k and on up to $50k. Prices a lot of guys out from fishing tournaments for one, and seemed like most of the guys said they only do it so they can catch enough big fish to stay in the game. They said "it ain't bass fishing" and would rather go back for the sake of the intrinsic value of what fishing used to be.
I was just going to post about it down there. Huge huge bags of fish…several of the older guys had some not so great comments about the live scope guys. It's a whole new ballgame with the scopes now, and like Greg Hackney said "if you want to win you got to scope, but i ain't doing it".

To me that is just dumb.
This...

I can't imagine sucking at my job and crying that i'm not doing it unless I can do it like I did 20 years ago. I imagine he would love doing what most of us have done for the last 20 years.....

rsimms

On my Facebook page one guy wrote, "I was watching the BASS ELITE today. These guys just drive around looking at a video game until they see fish! Not really a fan of this type of fishing. But hey they caught some monster fish."

time.jpg

WTM

On my Facebook page one guy wrote, "I was watching the BASS ELITE today. These guys just drive around looking at a video game until they see fish! Not really a fan of this type of fishing. But hey they caught some monster fish."

View attachment 217873
a pair of these, a gpsmap or uhd2, active captain and a phone and your good. theyre only $450.

sll

View attachment 217873
There are 2 of them there already doing that. Matty Wong is one of them and he is in the top 5. Another 14 bags over 30 pounds again today were caught.

killingtime 41

Winners of Tournaments are now decided by the guy with the most money in electronics. To me if having a tournament it'll be all have livescope or none at all. Being a great fisherman and catching fish on livescope are not even in the same category. That's how unfair it would be in my opinion. And I'm not against livescope at all. It just shouldn't in my opinion come down to how much money you have to spend on electronics. It should come down to the better and maybe luckier fisherman.

JBell

It's still the better fisherman. In my opinion. I doubt I could go weigh in 37.5 pounds. It just cuts their learning curve a little. Like side scanning ledges on ky lake 15 years ago. Just evolution

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Winners of Tournaments are now decided by the guy with the most money in electronics. To me if having a tournament it'll be all have livescope or none at all. Being a great fisherman and catching fish on livescope are not even in the same category. That's how unfair it would be in my opinion. And I'm not against livescope at all. It just shouldn't in my opinion come down to how much money you have to spend on electronics. It should come down to the better and maybe luckier fisherman.
I'd be ok if they are allowed to use it in practice, but not in any actual tournament. That way they could use it to help figure out what the fish are doing but not to sit on a 10 pounder and cast at it for a couple hours until it bites. BASS could also limit the number of transducers or screens or something and that would help too. But you're right, the winners are the ones with the most money to put into electronics. I have real concerns about what it may do to fisheries.

Rackseeker

Just because you have live scope doesn't mean you will be successful on the water. These guys have put countless hours into learning how to use this technology. I would say most of the anglers that don't use Live scope can afford this technology, just refuse to. This isn't any different than using trail cams vs. not, hunting deer. In the past I have refused to run trail cams during season. But this coming season I am going to load the woods with trail cams and see what I have been missing.

sll

Just because you have live scope doesn't mean you will be successful on the water. These guys have put countless hours into learning how to use this technology. I would say most of the anglers that don't use Live scope can afford this technology, just refuse to. This isn't any different than using trail cams vs. not, hunting deer. In the past I have refused to run trail cams during season. But this coming season I am going to load the woods with trail cams and see what I have been missing.
Well.....it's a little different. Trail cams let you know that the animal WAS in the area at one time in the past........FFS lets you know the fish is in front of you NOW and if it is responding to you and if you even want to fool with it because you can distinguish its size first. Imagine, if you will, having the capability while hunting to pull your truck or ATV up at the bottom of a ridge before you climb it and scan to see the area for deer and see if a deer you are interested in is on that ridge now. And you could also know if it was a spike or a booner before you climbed that ridge or possibly wasting your time in a dead area and decide just to go somewhere else and hunt instead. This sonar capability is coming eventually in the hunting world. 🤔

Latest posts