Bass boat deck extension ( DIY Project)

8up

I bought Tophat's Stratos 256V from him. I am 5'8" and about 245lb. I have a fused neck and left heel/ankle. Balance can be a challenge even without beer sometimes. So I built an addition or extension for the front deck. The only thing I spent money on was glue, screws and 2 saw blades. The rest was laying around mine or dad's garage.

First the frame out of treated 2x10. I connected the 2x10 with brackets and then deck screws and added 1" to the bottom of the frame to get the height correct.
de1.jpg

Next I used cardboard and cut a template for the top. I transferred the template to a piece of 1/4" sheet aluminum and cut it out.
de2.jpg

I checked the fit and then used a sharpie to mark where the supports met the aluminum.
de3.jpg

I then decided where to drill for my stainless steel screws. I drilled the holes from the bottom and then flipped it and countersunk them.
de4.jpg

Next I lined it all up and screwed it down.
de5.jpg

It fit well so I put the carpet I had on with liquid nail construction adhesive. and its a perfect slip fit. It weighs 52 lbs. I now have 6 sq.ft more deck and storage.
de6.jpg

Latest posts