Back pack

Volbuck777

I need some opinions on the best pack. I've had the same one for 20 years and it's time for an upgrade. Figured I'd see what y'all have and tell me the pros and cons to what you have or had.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I'm a big fan of Badlands pack. Lots of options and they're built like tanks. I'm not sure what model I have but it's VERY comfortable, even fully loaded with gear and water.

Ditto. And you get an unconditional lifetime warranty.

Stay away from Tenzing—just a Jansport school pack in camo, is what it feels like.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
They have a steep sale on a good pack for backcountry hunts—might be more than you need or beyond budget

DMD

Depending on what you are using it for - I like my SOG backpack really well. I used to just carry stuff to my stand sight. It's big, tough, has lots of pockets and I like the straps on the outside as I can strap extra clothes to it. Very well priced for what it is.

Amazon product ASIN B01346K5JM

Volbuck777

What is your budget and what will be your primary use? Day pack, carrying a few items to a stand or packing out animals?
Not packing out anything, but im an all day sit guy a few times a year. Im one to take in more than I probably need most the time thinking it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd like to keep it less than $300 but I'd be willing to go higher depending on warranties and how good of a product it is.

TNRifleman

Not packing out anything, but im an all day sit guy a few times a year. Im one to take in more than I probably need most the time thinking it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd like to keep it less than $300 but I'd be willing to go higher depending on warranties and how good of a product it is.
Two great day packs that I have used are the Kuiu Venture 2300 and the Stone Glacier Avail 2200. They are both built great and can carry a fair amount of stuff. Also, they both have removable waist belts depending on load you are carrying.

TN Larry

I bought a Badlands day pack last year and really like it. I bought my sine one this year as an early Christmas present. There was one listed in the classifieds but think it may be spoken for.

DoubleRidge

I have a Badlands day pack. Very pleased with how it's built. Heavy duty and durable. For all day sits I do wish I had more room than the smaller day pack offers..so I do plan to get a larger pack in the future.

RobDooley

Most manufacturers have discontinued the fully enclosed side compartments on packs and have opted for mesh pockets for obvious reasons. Ever see how a plastic water bottle sparkles when the sun light hits it? I always carry water. I also like a small exterior compartment on the front for easy access without having to open the larger compartment of the pack. Use to be the standard.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Here is what I use and been using for a 3 years kuiu venture 2300 works great for stand hunting and saddle hunting now if you was packing out deer I started using the exo 4800 pack this year not carried a deer out yet but hope to in a couple of weeks.

hillbillyfab

Depending on what you are using it for - I like my SOG backpack really well. I used to just carry stuff to my stand sight. It's big, tough, has lots of pockets and I like the straps on the outside as I can strap extra clothes to it. Very well priced for what it is.

Amazon product ASIN B01346K5JM

I too use this pack as my "big pack", for my platform, saddle, sticks, winter clothes, etc. It works really well for my needs and hard to beat for the price. This is my second year using it.

Last edited:

DMD

I too use this pack as my "big pack", for my platform, saddle, sticks, winter clothes, etc. It works really for my needs and hard to beat for the price. This is my second year using it.
It's a good deal. I put extra clothes in it, calls, water snacks, all kinds of stuff and still have plenty of room. I've used one for several years. It's still like new. Carried it many miles, normally strapped to my climbing stand. I bought a second one this year. I made a whole second setup, as I'm hunting in two different counties. I leave a climbing stand and one backpack in one cojnty, and another identical setup in the other county.

DeerMan66

Badlands... They are tough as nails and have an unconditional lifetime warranty. They are designed really well with pockets inside and outside the main compartments. You can get one easily for under $300. You can catch them on sale sometimes. Especially when they have model closeouts.

Duck dogn

I use a midway usa bag it has several pockets to seperate my clothes from grunts and horns and side mesh pockets for my water bottle and deer pee lol it was a Christmas gift one year and love it oh and padded shoulder straps

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
They have a steep sale on a good pack for backcountry hunts—might be more than you need or beyond budget

Dang it weighs 7lbs, that's crazy heavy.

Last edited:

Latest posts