Back pack

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
I need some opinions on the best pack. I've had the same one for 20 years and it's time for an upgrade. Figured I'd see what y'all have and tell me the pros and cons to what you have or had.
Need more info, what type of hunting do you do? Private that you walk up to a warm shooting house? Deep woods public land hunter that needs a frame pack to haul the meat out? Blind hunter or treestand/saddle hunter? Like big area for clothes or one with lots of pockets?

Volbuck777

Need more info, what type of hunting do you do? Private that you walk up to a warm shooting house? Deep woods public land hunter that needs a frame pack to haul the meat out? Blind hunter or treestand/saddle hunter? Like big area for clothes or one with lots of pockets?
Mainly private land. Long walks in I normally walk in, in sweats or thermals an hour before daylight and get dressed at bottom of tree. I like carrying my coffee thermos and I'm the type to take more than I need. Better safe than sorry. It's paid off a lot to have what I need and want, because I'm an all day sit guy a few times a year.

Fatboy99

I need some opinions on the best pack. I've had the same one for 20 years and it's time for an upgrade. Figured I'd see what y'all have and tell me the pros and cons to what you have or had.
Osprey…. invest in a good pack. Not a bag with straps, which most are and useless, detrimental to what you're trying to accomplish

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Mainly private land. Long walks in I normally walk in, in sweats or thermals an hour before daylight and get dressed at bottom of tree. I like carrying my coffee thermos and I'm the type to take more than I need. Better safe than sorry. It's paid off a lot to have what I need and want, because I'm an all day sit guy a few times a year.
EXO, Stone Glacier and Kafaru are great packs (EXO and Kafaru are American brands), but you will pay premium. I've got a few buddies with Kuiu and everyone loves them. Badlands makes a good one. I just picked up First Lite Transferpack during black friday sale. I've not used it, but I really like the design and quality is really good for a pack that 265.00 on sale.

I've had a few brands over the years from Cabelas, Redhead, Remington, Fieldline, Tenzing, one sold my North American Hunting club (it's a great pack that my dad, 3 hunting buddies and I still use to this day). I have a early season quick hunt pack that I bought at Bass Pro for 10.00. Then I have the NAHC pack as my main pack (3000 ci). If i'm hunting deep public, I take my Tenzing 4800 pack.

I'm guessing you need something around 3000 CI size since your not packing out meat, but if you do plan to or go West, look at one of the first 3 brands so you won't have to buy another pack.

Best of luck and would recommend going to any store that sells packs and try packs. it's like shoes, they are very personnel.