Food Plots Awnless Wheat

JCDEERMAN

That's a tough one. Always get awnless if you are able. It allows all critters to easily access and eat. Problem is, when you ask folks at your co-ops about awnless or beardless wheat, they look at you like you're from North Korea. I'd call around and see if you can get ahold of a knowledgeable person on the matter. Then see if they can order it for you.

For what it's worth, I've seen regular VNS wheat have a good percentage of awnless in it.

megalomaniac

same as JC... I always specifically ask for awnless/ beardless. About half the time I find out it isn't come late spring. Im really surprised it can be so difficult to get at times, as it is clearly preferred by wildlife over bearded wheat.

DoubleRidge

Problem is, when you ask folks at your co-ops about awnless or beardless wheat, they look at you like you're from North Korea.
I got the same North Korea Yung Kim look when asking about inoculant for soybeans...one guy knew what I was talking about and he called all over and wasn't able to find it?...that surprised me given how many bags of soybeans they sell.

JCDEERMAN

I got the same North Korea Yung Kim look when asking about inoculant for soybeans...one guy knew what I was talking about and he called all over and wasn't able to find it?...that surprised me given how many bags of soybeans they sell.
Agreed on the inoculant. I've had to order it online in the past.

Latest posts