Food Plots atv discing

buckaroo

I have at least 2 acres to plant in late Aug. With only roundup a 350 rancher 4x4 and homemade disc, if I kill it down good, do you think if I just scratched the surface good it won't destroy mu atv? Has anyone destroyed or damaged their atv pulling implements?

hitek7

If it has never been tilled before, I would put a good spray to it, wait until it died, disc it decently, wait a couple weeks, disc again and plant. The main thing is to let your ATV rest and cool down at some point so as not to overheat it. Most ATV's can handle it pretty well depending on size of ATV and size of disc.

Hunt 365

hitek7 said:
If it has never been tilled before, I would put a good spray to it, wait until it died, disc it decently, wait a couple weeks, disc again and plant. The main thing is to let your ATV rest and cool down at some point so as not to overheat it. Most ATV's can handle it pretty well depending on size of ATV and size of disc.
x2 - this should do it, I'm discing this weekend after spraying 10 days ago

buckaroo

I'm thinking of mowing this weekend, spray 2 weeks, disc in 2 more, that will put me around 3rd week of August. Then I'll watch weather for planting. If forecast looks wet, then in she goes.

Latest posts