Arrow shafts

Mauryhunter

What is the favorite shaft material for Traditional bows-- Wood, Carbon, or aluminu. What is taken into consideration when choosing a particular material for your arrow shaft?

camocowboy

I personally shoot all three. I hunt with wood. I shoot aluminum through the summer months for target shooting and stumps. My least favorite is carbon. They shoot ok. I just don't like to shoot them as much.

8up

Some will shoot nothing but wood because They feel it is traditional and primitive which is a plus for them. Others shoot Aluminum because their straight and easier to buy in many sizes making it easier to match the right arrow for your bow. Carbons are straight and are very durable but are even more expensive and can be tricky to tune. Now remember this is just my opinion and its only worth what you paid :)

mopar

Ive been shooting aluminum eastons 2117's with 125 gr broadhead
but been thinking about going to the carbons shot a few and they are faster just dont know yet

Spclays1

I like Gold Tip Carbons. ALWAYS straight and very durable. I sold all my aluminum and cedar. I don't miis the aluminum's but I do regret selling all my cedar shafts.........

PO Cedar

I use both cedar and aluminum. I bought a hundred cedar shafts and about 5 dozen XX75 aluminum shafts in 2219 and made a few dozen arrows up. I seem to go through my cedar flu-flus faster than any of my other arrows.

The Singing Bowyer

I like heavier wood shafts and shoot mostly laminated birch and ash for hunting. I like cedar for goofing around and targets.

I had a carbon splinter on me on a hunt in Texas and a piece went through my finger, so I stay away from them.

Aluminum works good, but I love the quietness of a heavy, non-hollow shaft.

Tom-TN

Depending on the bow, I shoot wood, rivercane and aluminum. I use aluminums on my recurve, ONLY woodies on my longbows, rivercane and woodies on my selfbows. My favorite woods is Port Orford Cedar and Ash. Take care............Tom

Coyote

I have shot wood, rivercane, wild rose, aluminum, and carbon. For a store bought arrow, I would personally use carbon. I have some pride in a wood arrow that is just that,"pride". That goes double for rivercane. If I were rating consistency alone, I would say carbon, or aluminum. Still, they are all special in their own ways. Kinda like bows.
Coyote

Latest posts