Decut X-Spot Mini Arrow Saw

UCStandSitter

Anyone own one? Used one? Seems like an ideal setup for me to cut arrows 6-8 times per year without taking up too much space. I know there are better options but at that price point and footprint, it's hard to pass up.

Black Titan

Did you ever get one of these? I ended up ordering an ebay saw in a panic last night cause the shafts I ordered were delivered uncut.

BT

Black Titan

I did. Very happy with it. Probably cut maybe 4 dozen since purchasing. Not a ton but no issues.
Good to know. I hadn't considered buying one before because I always order my shafts cut by the dealer, and to make up the cost of the saw I'd have to order like 30 dozen arrows lol. But when my order arrived yesterday and they didn't cut them I panicked because the closest bow shop is 1.5-2 hours away and by the time I drive all the way there, pay to have the arrows cut, and drive all the way back, I may as well just buy a saw.

I ended up ordering the ebay one because I couldn't find the decut shipping from the US. Hopefully it works. If not I'll play the waiting game with ordering the decut I suppose.

BT

UCStandSitter

Good to know. I hadn't considered buying one before because I always order my shafts cut by the dealer, and to make up the cost of the saw I'd have to order like 30 dozen arrows lol. But when my order arrived yesterday and they didn't cut them I panicked because the closest bow shop is 1.5-2 hours away and by the time I drive all the way there, pay to have the arrows cut, and drive all the way back, I may as well just buy a saw.

I ended up ordering the ebay one because I couldn't find the decut shipping from the US. Hopefully it works. If not I'll play the waiting game with ordering the decut I suppose.

BT
Lancaster usually has them in stock. Also found one seller on Amazon that had them in stock and Prime.

It's a pretty uncomplicated saw as you can imagine. I really like how compact it was. The bench it's on is my "archery bench" but, it gets used for wordworking projects, random gun stuff (even though guns have their own bench) and miscellaneous crap. I leave it on top most of the time collapsed down and it doesn't get in the way. Saw also comes with an extra saw wheel. Foot control is smooth, measurements are accurate. All in all, very happy. I will say that these saws (ALL OF THEM) are priced way to high for what they are.

Black Titan

Lancaster usually has them in stock. Also found one seller on Amazon that had them in stock and Prime.

It's a pretty uncomplicated saw as you can imagine. I really like how compact it was. The bench it's on is my "archery bench" but, it gets used for wordworking projects, random gun stuff (even though guns have their own bench) and miscellaneous crap. I leave it on top most of the time collapsed down and it doesn't get in the way. Saw also comes with an extra saw wheel. Foot control is smooth, measurements are accurate. All in all, very happy. I will say that these saws (ALL OF THEM) are priced way to high for what they are.

I ran out of space on my workbench so ended up getting this cheap little workbench from harbor freight just for my archery stuff. I had the press mounted on the bench top but for one it took up all my workspace, and two even at 6'1" tall it put the press up just a little too high for me and I had to stretch to reach over the back of the bow.

I've got all I need to do my own tuning, string changes, fletching, etc and all that was missing was an arrow saw. Hopefully the ebay one works out. It was only $88 but looks like it should be up to the task.

BT

Attachments

• 20221007_114254.jpg
    20221007_114254.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 41

UCStandSitter

I ran out of space on my workbench so ended up getting this cheap little workbench from harbor freight just for my archery stuff. I had the press mounted on the bench top but for one it took up all my workspace, and two even at 6'1" tall it put the press up just a little too high for me and I had to stretch to reach over the back of the bow.

I've got all I need to do my own tuning, string changes, fletching, etc and all that was missing was an arrow saw. Hopefully the ebay one works out. It was only $88 but looks like it should be up to the task.

BT
I have one of those for gun stuff. Archery bench is 2x4 built. Lil sturdier but havent gotten around to building another. Wife said I am being ridiculous that everything needs its own bench but the archery bench I carpeted with boat deck carpet. Makes perfect sense to me

Black Titan

I have one of those for gun stuff. Archery bench is 2x4 built. Lil sturdier but havent gotten around to building another. Wife said I am being ridiculous that everything needs its own bench but the archery bench I carpeted with boat deck carpet. Makes perfect sense to me
Of course everything needs its own bench! Especially if you reload, need something good and sturdy. Too many dedicated tools to not need a dedicated bench, or else you're constantly dragging out and putting stuff away to switch between tasks. Much more time efficient to have dedicated spaces.

I do leatherwork too and need a whole other area for all that, but haven't got permission from the "boss" yet to build a workspace, lol.

BT

UCStandSitter

Of course everything needs its own bench! Especially if you reload, need something good and sturdy. Too many dedicated tools to not need a dedicated bench, or else you're constantly dragging out and putting stuff away to switch between tasks. Much more time efficient to have dedicated spaces.

I do leatherwork too and need a whole other area for all that, but haven't got permission from the "boss" yet to build a workspace, lol.

BT
26EEA3F9-D992-40A7-A01E-2BCDA586F625.jpeg

Back when it was clean…

UCStandSitter

That's sweet! I like the idea of the carpeted surface. Never thought of that.

I'm envious of your bow vise. I couldn't bring myself to pay that much, and opted for the bike stand, but man those OMP vises are nice.

BT
Had a few of the cheaper ones. Always got frustrated. Had a windfall of cash so I decided to treat myself. Use it way more than I anticipated. All my buddies come here to work on stuff now.