Arrow fletching question

String Music

I have some damaged vanes and I want to put some wraps on the ends as well. With the right equipment, should I do this myself or have a pro do it? I am thinking about buying a little devise that help put the vanes on.

TheAirMan

The question is do you want to do it. If you think you would like making your own arrows and adding a personal touch go for it. If you do buy a jig, go ahead and get a bitzenburger right off the bat.

Crow Terminator

I like a Bitz jig too. They are the best quality out there IMO. BUT Bohning Archery has a jig that is based off the Bitz design that is just as good and you can buy two of them for what one Bitz costs. Actually in some stores you could buy 3 of them for what one Bitz costs.

I have 3 Bitz jigs and 1 Bohning and when I add another one or two, they will be the Bohnings. I have them set up exactly like one another and you can't tell a difference in fletch quality between any of them.

String Music

Well I bought the Arizona one with three arms on it. I did 5 arrows pretty easily. I put a sweet wrap on there with 2 white blazer vanes and one camo one. They look sexy!

DarkkDragon

TheAirMan said:
The question is do you want to do it. If you think you would like making your own arrows and adding a personal touch go for it. If you do buy a jig, go ahead and get a bitzenburger right off the bat.
Ditto... but only if you are a patient person with the time to take your time. Getting in a hurry can mean small mistakes that cause big problems. That said... I'm very picky about my arrows so I build them myself.

JeepKuntry

I'm gonna start fletching my own after this season. Especially since I had to buy a dozen arrows with green and yellow fletchings. Can't hardly see em late in the evening. I'll go blue n orange or blue n white so it sticks out better.

bobthebowhunter

I got my bitz about 2 years ago. I'm with Radar. Very good investment. It has payed for itself a few times. I like the fredom of being able to try different set ups with out having to get out to a proshop.

Droopy

I have used a Bitz for years now. Good tool! The wraps are a great way to personalize your arrows without the headache of dipping and painting.