Are Avian X decoys worth the cost?

Setterman

No decoy is worth the cost. You don't need a plastic turkey to kill birds. It's the biggest myth associated with this sport and completely uneccesssry

PickettSFHunter

Ditto Setterman. Just beware though there are pro staff on here for that company so I'm sure they'll be chiming in soon on how much better they are than the others. Just beware your source is my advice there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poleaxe

Not a good question to ask amongst the handicapped mentality. I don't use them but if you want to then don't let people on here tell you not to.

muddyboots

My wife uses them and with my little girl. I'm too lazy too tote them around. Honestly she has had just as much luck with turkey thugs from wal Mart but the avian x are pretty. And at midway pretty good price with free shipping. I ordered them another

TN_Greenhead

I cant say anything bad about them. I typically dont hunt with decoys but have a few times and really enjoyed watching the birds react to them. I'm not a purest like some on here nor am I gonna fault others for hunting the way they want. The avian x are a good decoy if you want one that is packable, that was the reason I went with them instead of others.

Beard Buster

Poleaxe":3n8ymd8a said:
Not a good question to ask amongst the handicapped mentality. I don't use them but if you want to then don't let people on here tell you not to.
:poke:
don't use them
they are the debil

REN

I don't have any BUT the few guys I know that use them like them fine. Their complaint is the can pop if not careful with them and they are heavy to carry around. The dsd look better to them and are lighter but they are bulky as well to carry. IF by law I had to have one I'd just get the jake and lookout hen.

But as I said before worth will be in the eyes of the holder. To me no decoy is worth that $ and more importantly I really don't want to tote them around all morning

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

arkwaterfowler

it really depends on how much you are willing to spend. decoys are not my favorite but they have their place. I have three DSD a friend gave me and I think they look better. when I hunt alone I never use decoys but when I take new hunters and kids I use them sometimes if I want to pull birds a certain direction in fields. I have killed plenty of birds without them since I started in 1992 and don't need a purist to lecture me on what is the right way to do what. laces get to tight sometimes.

catman529

Setterman":qb6rse07 said:
No decoy is worth the cost. You don't need a plastic turkey to kill birds. It's the biggest myth associated with this sport and completely uneccesssry
it's not a myth, it's a preference. You don't need a $65 snakewood striker to kill a turkey either, but you really like the sound of it, and it is worth it to you personally.

Here's my take...

If you really like decoys, it might be worth the cost, you decide.

If you use decoys sometimes, it might not be worth the cost., but you decide.

If you rarely or never use decoys, don't spend that much dang money on a fake turkey. Still, it's up to you. If you are pretty hesitant, I wouldn't spend the money. But if you think you'll be happy and put them to good use, then go and buy a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodsman10

I'm sick of the decoy vs no decoy fight. I do not like decoys. Anyways, learn to set up and how to move on turkeys, how to call turkeys, and be patient. Learn the woods your hunting. Hunt smart but hard.

It will be much more enjoyable than just sitting up a decoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

spoon

I like decoys! I'm deaf in one ear can't tell directions of sound so I don't have the ability to circle in front of them or run and gun so I'll sit in one spot for 5 hours until I get dored. Plus it gives me something to look at for hours as I sit there hoping a turkey just happens to walk by

Yes, I carry in an AvainX decoy with a
Strutter, chair and my gun sometimes for miles

Dover_Mike

2-Step Enabled
I have one but I bever use it. Honestly I never have luck with a decoy so I don't fool with them. Know a lot of guys that kill and swear by them though. Seems like every time I set a decoy out it scares the birds. If you are the market for one I have a hen feeder with bag and stake I could make you a deal on.

Latest posts