AR 15 deal alert...

Bone Collector

I got the 300 BLK (have a .223/5.56 so wanted a new toy. Cost less than my first AR. @Tenntrapper... there is a fine line between need and want...lol... and i have a birthday this month....
I purchased one too, but should have done more research. I was thinking it was a meatier bullet and when I saw what it was I called them and paid the $40 fee to restock it. I have AR's didn't want another and can't see a practical use for the .300 BLK other than plinking (which I don't do often) and I am not a millionaire so.....

Omega

I purchased one too, but should have done more research. I was thinking it was a meatier bullet and when I saw what it was I called them and paid the $40 fee to restock it. I have AR's didn't want another and can't see a practical use for the .300 BLK other than plinking (which I don't do often) and I am not a millionaire so.....
Think of the 300BLK like a 30-30 ballistically, but with better projectiles it performs better IMO. And if you are into stamp collecting, it is very easy to silence.

Bone Collector

Think of the 300BLK like a 30-30 ballistically, but with better projectiles it performs better IMO. And if you are into stamp collecting, it is very easy to silence.
I'm not a ballistics expert by any means but the 150 gr bullets I shoot in my 30-30 have a muzzle velocity of 2,300 FPS. That isn't zipping along by any means, but every bullet I looked at (in Academy) for the 300 BLK was between 1800 and 2000. My slug gun almost has that as does my ML. At 100 yds the velocity was down to about 1600-1800 or so the way I remember. I don't know that I would want to shoot a deer with that and certainly not at any real distance. the Idea was to silence it but I was hoping for a round that was closer to a .308 ballistically.

It looked like I was holding a gimmick round is the best way I could describe it. I was shocked at the size of the projectile with relation to the size of the casing. I am going to look at AR10s and if I find a decent price I will play dress up with it, but with more hunting in mind, which is what I wanted this for.

Omega

I'm not a ballistics expert by any means but the 150 gr bullets I shoot in my 30-30 have a muzzle velocity of 2,300 FPS. That isn't zipping along by any means, but every bullet I looked at (in Academy) for the 300 BLK was between 1800 and 2000. My slug gun almost has that as does my ML. At 100 yds the velocity was down to about 1600-1800 or so the way I remember. I don't know that I would want to shoot a deer with that and certainly not at any real distance. the Idea was to silence it but I was hoping for a round that was closer to a .308 ballistically.

It looked like I was holding a gimmick round is the best way I could describe it. I was shocked at the size of the projectile with relation to the size of the casing. I am going to look at AR10s and if I find a decent price I will play dress up with it, but with more hunting in mind, which is what I wanted this for.
Barnes Load:
Bullet: : Barnes 110 grn Blacktips TAC-TX
Powder: H110: 18.2 grains
Velocity: 2213 fps
-------------------------------
Powder: H110: 20.2 grains
Velocity: 2415 fps
----------------------------------------------
I can attest that the Barnes bullet performs very well on hogs at 100-125 yards, no deer yet but I bet it wouldn't have any problems with them either at even longer ranges, but I limit myself to under 200, even with my .308, .270 etc.

BPhunter

Hey folks, put your talents together. That thing requires registration.
Have fun and build your own. NR