Lead sled deal

Gav-n-Tn

I started to go the lead sled route and decided on shooting bags instead. I get the idea of locking something down to dial it in. Sooner or later you're going to shoulder it and the "you" is going to come into play. I'm not a competitive shooter but bags seem to be what they use. I might change my mind later down the road.

BigCityBubba

I've heard they can be hell on your scope. No idea though, never used one.
I have never broken a scope with one but I had a 338 win mag with the old style luepold 2 piece mounts that broke the mounts shooting it in a led sled. I also lost zero on a scope on a slug gun when I shot it in a led sled. Luckily it did not break it and I just had to re-zero it again. I personally would not shoot a heavy recoiling rifle like a magnum caliber or slug gun in a led sled but thats just me based on my own experiences. I will also never use the old style luepold bases and rings ever again either.

Omega

Why would a lead sled have any bearing on how many shots it takes to sight in a rifle?
With a lead sled, I can move the crosshairs after each shot, not having to verify that I am holding my POA. With a bag, you may pull a shot, bad trigger pull, or just move the rifle a little. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but when you zero a few rifles on the same day it sure saves the shoulder as well as ammo.

Tenntrapper

With a lead sled, I can move the crosshairs after each shot, not having to verify that I am holding my POA. With a bag, you may pull a shot, bad trigger pull, or just move the rifle a little. Not a big deal in the scheme of things, but when you zero a few rifles on the same day it sure saves the shoulder as well as ammo.
Orrrr, you could fire one shot (from the sled), then place cross hairs on original aiming spot, then dial turrets to the point of impact. One and done... 😂
Might want to double check though.

Latest posts