Anyone want to go ginsenging in east tn?

Ranchy

Just wondering about how many plants it takes to get a pound. Saw quite a few last weekend. How deep do you have to dig?

splitter

Ranchy said:
Just wondering about how many plants it takes to get a pound. Saw quite a few last weekend. How deep do you have to dig?
heck it all depends on the depth..i've found some growing on top of rocks that you just blow the dirt back and some are 8 inches in the ground. same thing goes for number it takes to get a pound. you find alot of big ole 4 prongs it won't take as much just depends on the area you dig, soil type, rain, etc

rutnstrut2

Hey it is up to 360 but I have herd it is about to bottom out from alot of people so if you want to gamble hold it but I am selling tomarrow, Hope to find some more got 2 1/2 lbs dry how is everyone else doing finding alot of big stuff in the bottoms.

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Is this Ginseng?
100_1034.jpg

If so I have found the mother load! LOL Probably not though.

rutnstrut2

nope but in the woods for a newbie it does look like it but after you get THE EYE you can tell the differance nice to see pwople still looking ands tring to learn I am teaching my six year old so the art will not be lost.

Ranchy

Am I asking the question wrong or something? I know what the stuff looks like, know where some is that I can go dig but have NO idea who to sell it to, I have asked on here at least 3 or 4 times and it seems it must be a secret or something. Could someone please give me some info on where to sell it. Sure would help a fella out for christmas this year working only 32 hours a week.

rutnstrut2

I really dont know where to sell around there but there is alot of people to sell to around here alot of counties call co-op they usually have someone come there and buy. good luck to you and you need to try and sell soon I have heard they are openning the market on it so the price will start to drop just what I heard from a few poeple.

Latest posts