Anyone want to go ginsenging in east tn?

rutnstrut2

Looking for some new property in East tn to find it so if you have never been and got some land We can hook up and try it. I am not the best teacher but have been showing people what it is for about ten years. This is something I really enjoy to do and it is great exercise for my big hin-end! Just let me know if anyone would like to go.

rutnstrut2

I hunt royal blue but it has about been hunted out year before last when it wa going for 1400 a lb everybody and there bro was in the woods, Only found about half a pound after all the illegal digging that went on last year. I have some buddies that live in Jackson County and they dig the far out of it never know if you are ever this way give me a hollar always needing someone to go with hate to go by myself because you never know with all the rattles and copper heads they turned out in royal blue.

PickettSFHunter

Giving up your sang hole is like slapping grandma in the face lol I know its illegal to dig state land around here, dont know about Royal Blue, course nearly everyone who digs ginseng digs it year round here.

rutnstrut2

On Royal Blue it is just like the state season, it is the only wma that it is allowed trust me I have called them all! It opens next saturday it is the 15th every year the same open day.

PickettSFHunter

The problem Ive had the last few years is the berries aint been getting red around here til up in September and by that time its almost deer season. All the plants Ive seen on my property this year have been much healthier than years past though with all the rain.

rutnstrut2

Yeah I have not been in the woods but some people that are getting ready for deer season took some pics and sent me and they look alot better last year I was finding yellow plants in early sep.

rutnstrut2

I have always found it the other direction on the north facing, I would love to go to catoosa but I dont think you are allowed to dig it there.

rutnstrut2

Here they are talking about 280-320 depends on who you ask not what it was a few years ago but it will still get christmas if I get any, that the guys that have already been digging misses. they are way to many early diggers here.

PickettSFHunter

Tomorrow is legal open day, believe Ill go dig if I can find some 4's with red berries. Ive heard 450 a pound but havent verified, just heard it at the local store. Alot of guys already have several pounds dug over the summer so that will make it harder/

rutnstrut2

yeah I am going to try it in the morn I herd 300-350 a lb but like you said it is going to be hard to find it where they have not already dug

Latest posts